Stupid question?

recording live to wav with vst?

I keep thinking that there must be an easier way to record a vst instrument direct to wav without having to record a midi track and then convert it but I haven’t stumbled upon it?
Cheers.

That would be useful, Tony. Not sure if other DAW’s can do it.

Hi, Geoffo. I’ll get my head round it one day. I guess a roumage around in my soundcard is a good starter.

Different programs handle it differently, but none that i know of do it straight to wav.

I use Steinberg Vstack. It allows you to load a VST instrument outside of n-track, it then routes to my sound card wave out, which I then record into n-track as a wave file. I don’t know if thats what you looking for.

PACO

Cheers Paco, that’s the kind of thing. I’ll give it a good coat of looking at later this eve’. This kind of thing was possible with Win95 and I’ve done similar stunts with jumper cables - but there must be a way of doubling back through the sound card within the n.
Hmm!? can’t re-wire with ASIO!? WDM it is, then.

Quote: (TonyR @ Jun. 12 2010, 5:42 PM)

I keep thinking that there must be an easier way to record a vst instrument direct to wav without having to record a midi track and then convert it but I haven't stumbled upon it?
Cheers.

i say often stupid stuffs but these must be stupidist question asked ever in mankind of history
Quote: (TonyR @ Jun. 13 2010, 1:57 PM)

Cheers Paco, that's the kind of thing. I'll give it a good coat of looking at later this eve'. This kind of thing was possible with Win95 and I've done similar stunts with jumper cables - but there must be a way of doubling back through the sound card within the n.
Hmm!? can't re-wire with ASIO!? WDM it is, then.

Here's how I do it. Using a creative labs Audigy or even a sound blaster (No X-FI won't work) and ASIO4ALL driver I setup VSTACK or any other VST chanier to use the Audigy ASIO for it's sound. You'll notice you get a number of devices when selecting the Audigy, something like (E800) or something like that, you'll have to mess around with it. I then plug my USB keyboards in and select the USB MIDI device with in the chainer and select my Audio output as the Audigy wave out. Set recording in your windows recording to Wave out. You should be able to hear your keyboards through your speakers. I then run n-track select ASIO4ALL WDM. It picks up the audio from the wave out and your able to record your keyboard VST with no track bleeding in stereo no less.

PACO
Quote: (TomS @ Jun. 12 2010, 10:05 PM)

Different programs handle it differently, but none that i know of do it straight to wav.

Reaper do. Of course... :)

Vern