Sub-projects

works

Don’t know if any one else does this but I’ve just begun to make sense of creating sub-projects for each section, ie: drums, backing voc’s - whatever. Mixing down sub mixes to import into the main project. Good way of maximizing your plug power and easy to go back to each part. Reduces crashes whilst helping you find the broken plug. A handy method all round.

Hi Tony:

That’s a great process…
Back in my P-3 and P-4 days I would use that process to keep the CPU Usage from throttling the computer over the top and swamping the machine’s resources…
That’s when I was using the Lexicon CORE-32 Audio Hardware and back in '98SE Days…
I had to be careful, though…
Timeline Latencies would enter into the timeline(s)…

Bill…

You’re not wrong, Bill.
The main project only has to worry about running ultra frozen wavs, which is such a pleasure to mix, and scenario that n-T loves. It means you can keep heavy midi tracks, etc, open, and editable.

Sometimes. I’m more likely to keep samples in one folder, midi in another… things like that. All sub-folders of my main project. Not really had a problem of running out of CPU for some years now.

I too used to do the same thing and truth be told, I have learned many interesting things whilst creating sub-projects for each of the sections. I always concentrated more on drums and backing vocals! At first mixing down sub mixes was hell of a job and one had to be painstaking doing so. But then again, the advantages that followed with this method such as the increase in plug power and ease of accessibility to other areas made me accustomed to it!