Survey:  Post Your Buffering Settings

Survey

Guys:

Just a quick survey as to what Buffering Settings are working for you… mine follow: post yours below.

I’m using a “custom setting” as follows:

Playback:
Playback is at “Normal Buffering” Settings 8192 Buffer Size, and 4 buffers. Pre load is 8, and Disk Loading is 10, for a response time of .557 seconds.

Recording:
I think this is the “Lower Buffering” Setting. At any rate, the Buffers Size is 1024, and the number of Buffers is 3, for a response time of 23.2 milliseconds.

I like the abilty to combine these two (Recording and Playback) in the “Custom” option. Is 23.2 milliseconds a good response time? I can’t remember.

Hi Iplan and Guys:
In my opinion, I don’t think it’s gonna matter what the individual guy uses for his setup… It’s gonna be different for the way the indivual has his DAW setup that matters… and what buffers his system requires and performs the best, at…

Here I’m gonna post a screen image of what my setup looks like under operating conditions and cpu usage and the number of different screens my Graphics card is displaying while the timeline is playing nine tracks… I am unable to display the number of plugins that are in use as the song is repro’ing…

Anyway, here is the image…

Things that are not visible in the print screen are the plug-ins total latency… 215ms. The Pro Limiter and S.I.R. are real pigs on latency… Yea just gotta live with it…

The plugins that are in use… Kjaerhaus Master pro Limiter in the Main output strip… S.I.R. Impluse Response 1011 on one of the snare tracks… and two instances of Anwida Soft DX Reverb Lite on two of the three Group Outputs.

The buffer settings are set in their normal (default) positions… You’ll see the Buffer image on the print screen…

Bill…