SWREG problem?

Well, I bit the bullet to see if the current version of N-Track was usable on my computer. As many of you know, I have been using N-Track since the version 2 days. I have bought every version since then. At version 5, the program stopped working on my computer. I updated regularly to see if there was any change and 5 just never worked for me. I then bought Reaper and that worked well and was very stable. Still, I miss N-Track and decided to pull the trigger on version 6 yesterday. So I paid for the “download” and received a notice that I had paid. Still, I didn’t find any registration information in that notice and am wondering if I missed something. In the past, the code were sent almost immediately after payment. Is there something else I must do to get registration codes?

Mike

I always got my codes within a day or so. If you don’t get them today I’d holler at flavio in an email. Version 6 had some goofy type in code for some reason - that may be the source of the delay. I remember it now - my codes showed as “hacked”…

I will admit to a love/hate relationship with N-Track over the years. Back in the version 2 days, it seemed like the program would be stable one week and unstable the next. During version 3 and 4, the program worked as planned most (97%) of the time. Certainly good enough to count on it during most recording sessions. Then version 5 showed up and the program crashed regularly. This is when I tried Reaper and found it to work all of the time.

Still, I have a lot of hours in with N-Track and it has had me up many nights. It is kind of like sitting up with a sick child occasionally, playing with it, giving it what it needs and watching it grow. So I thought I would give version 6 a try for old times sake.

But the disappointment feeling is coming back slowly with the lag on the registration information. I buy a lot of software online (scores of programs) and it never takes more than an hour for the registration information to arrive, never. Until now. I always believed that the concept with buying software online without any “hard” version was all about immediate gratification and the fact that the author of the software does not need to spend money to send a CD or written booklet much less packaging and shipping. Now I am getting the feeling that after paying for the software, I have to contact yet another person to ask for registration information, but only after waiting 2 days to see if anyone noticed that I paid for the software. This doesn’t seem like a great way to do business.

Again, there were times when N-Track worked and I loved the program. Then there are times like now…

Mike

info@ntrack.com

Most of us feel the same ways about n - like having a kid that you love that quits minding you when you just want to play and be happy. Doing beta testing on new versions makes it kind of fun though intentionally trying to get it to crash. Now it makes me mad when it won’t!

Gulluck Mike!

SWREG are just a retail outlet - when you buy N you buy it from SWREG, then SWREG tell Flavio that you have purchased N - then Flavio sends you your codes - this takes time and depends mostly on SWREG to tll Flavio quickly - most internet browsers treat any e-maik that cannot be replied to (reg codes etc) as SPAM so if you have a SPAM/JUNKTRASK/? folder look in there -

M.R.

I find myself fortunate in making credit card purchases over the years…
Having said that I hope someone’s finger doesn’t get pointed at me, now…
I appear to be buying more stuff over the internet as time passes…
I always only had one credit card… Now I have two and they appear to work within seconds…
Faster…
now that I have a hi-speed connection…

Lately, I’ve been buying software from Europe using an American Card and paying for the purchase in Loonies…

It’s almost a joke…
Over here it’s pretty difficult to handle Euros or European Funds, for that matter…
Pretty easy in US Funds…
Nobody wants Loonies…
:laugh:
:laugh:
It ain’t worth a Wooden Nickel…

As bad as money is today…
It appears that Greenbacks is still the preferred currency…
in the world…

I have no idea why that is…

The other day I bought some German Software using a Canadian credit card…
but…
paid for the purchase in Greenbacks…

Guess what…
I wouldn’t do that again…
The US Clearing House charged me a pennelity…
for dealing in Greenbacks…
They charged me Five Cents on the Loonie…

It’s not the Five Cents…
It’s the principal of the act…

Bill…

To be fair, the registration codes came today; just a short 36 hours after it was paid for. I think what was most disconcerting was the fact that SWREG tells you that you will receive an email notice from them with the registration codes within a day or two. Then they send you an email saying,

Quote:

"Thank you for purchasing from FASoft. You will find information regarding your order and the product you ordered below. If you have any questions about your purchased product, please refer to the contact information under “PRODUCT SUPPORT INFORMATION.”

Of course, the email does not give the registration codes, so you are left wondering if something went wrong. They clearly state that “you will find information regarding your order (registration codes?) below”. But the codes are not there. It would probably be good to state somewhere in the buying process that you will pay SWREG for the product and then FASoft will send the registration codes a few days later in a separate email.

I’m a reasonable person. I certainly do not expect Flavio to sit around all day waiting for folks to buy his software just so he can immediately respond and send out registration codes. But clarity is helpful in a buying process that asks for you to pay for something ahead of time that does not exist on paper or CD and is no more than a pile of locked code on a hard drive somewhere out on the internet.

Just my $.02. Here’s hoping the program is stable… :)

Mike

Yea 36 hrs is a long time to wait for codes.
N track is different now Mike you’ll probably find some of the things your used to doing in n, not exactly working like it used to. But there are plenty of people here that will help you get it all sorted out pretty quick.

Quote: (DrGuitar @ Apr. 03 2009, 1:55 PM)

To be fair, the registration codes came today; just a short 36 hours after it was paid for.
I think what was most disconcerting was the fact that SWREG tells you that you will receive an email notice from them with the registration codes within a day or two.
Then they send you an email saying,

Registration keys are sent automatically when one purchases the full version of the program. Upgrade orders are processed manually to check the existance of a previous full version order. They are typically processed on the same day of the order although sometimes as in your case the upgrade order might be processed the next day.
I agree that the email you get from SWReg is confusing, I will change it to contain more pertinent information.

Flavio.

That - right there - is huge part of why you have to love n-Track. The Flav listens, the Flav takes action, the Flav tells you what’s up.

There might be some other software companies where that happens but I bet you can’t name five.

Bow to The FA.

Indeed, being new to n and v6 to boot, my code came through within 10mins.

Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Apr. 04 2009, 6:58 AM)

Registration keys are sent automatically when one purchases the full version of the program. Upgrade orders are processed manually to check the existance of a previous full version order. They are typically processed on the same day of the order although sometimes as in your case the upgrade order might be processed the next day.
I agree that the email you get from SWReg is confusing, I will change it to contain more pertinent information.

Flavio.

That explains the difference this time from other times I have bought the program. When I have bought the newest version of N-Track in the past, I generally just buy a completely new copy, not the upgrade version. I do this because I believe N-Track is worth it and I want to support the program. This past time when I bought version 5, I was never able to use it because it was so unstable (crashed) on my various computers. So when I decided to try version 6, I figured I would just buy the upgrade version rather than buy the full version (like I normally do). That explains why the registration codes seemed to take so long as compared to previous times I bought the program.

The bad news is that the program still doesn't seem to like my main computer (I haven't tried it on my other two computers). It has crashed twice and has locked up each time I started it up.

This is on a fresh install of Win XP SP3 (with all .NET updates).
Asus A8V
Athlon 4600+ X2
2 gig dram
Alesis Multimix8 2.0 (connected thru USB 2)
2 x 300gb WD hard drives
ATI Radeon x850XT Graphics
On board sound

I guess I will have to stay with Reaper... :heart-break:

Your motherboard has known issues with Echo Audio hardware. While you aren’t using an Echo card, those motherboards (mostly motherboards with some VIA chipsets) are known to be problematic at times with other hardware as well. The timing causes problems in some apps by not others. There’s no real easy way for an app to workaround these problems unfortunately.

http://www.echoaudio.com/Support/Other/Problematic_Motherboards.php

In other words, you gotta use what works.

I use an ECHO MIA MIDI card. No prob’s with above?

What d’you reckon, phoo. Is it an ASIO thing?

Don’t know really. Seems some machines are happy campers and some just aren’t. Hardware timing seems to be the thing.

My machine has never been terribly good with ASIO or WDM, but it’s fine and stable with MME (Echo’s PureWave uses MME under the hood).

Bonkers!

Mine, on new n. Similar build. Asio.
Running like a sewing machine in a barrel
of oil:-)

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

D