Take Me I'm Yours

TonyR and Duffman collab

Featuring TomS on bass :agree:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10122721

Ok…TomS didn’t do bass!! :;):

All that talent… a real supergroup & you do a cover!
it sounded great fun & i never liked squeeze so its better than there version
somebody turn up the vocals & the lead guitar break please

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jan. 14 2011, 6:04 PM)

Ok...TomS didn't do bass!!
:;):

:) That means it's Tom's turn to pick a collab' track!?
Mark! You in?

…something with loads of harmonies…?

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 15 2011, 1:13 PM)

Mark! You in?

Yeah.

I know this forum is a bit of a ghost town but id be a bit upset if i posted this & only got 1 response giving critic/ feedback
i get really upset with people who post there music here & get reviews & feedback but dont return the compliment… thats very selfish & i feel like boycoting there stuff but that would just make things worse

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 16 2011, 6:08 AM)

here & get reviews & feedback but dont return the compliment... thats very selfish &
i feel like boycoting there stuff but that would just make things worse

Tina...I appreciate what you are saying, and I can't speak for Craig or Tony but I dont really do this to get compliments and I am beyond the feedback stage in mixing and mastering. I know what I want to hear. If you like the song in general, lyrics, melody, horns, drums, arrangement okay say you like it....

To be honest there are a bunch of people who post here that I rarely comment on thier mixes or songs anymore because they have gotten to a point where truely, what the hell am I going to tell them other then, "NICE TUNE" (However here are some others who truely need help.)

Point in case: You and your sisters write, arrange, record, and produce exactly what you want to hear. I enjoy your songs and their production....so other then, "Hey nice tune." what is there to say?

What I found most satisifying about this whole thing was after I got done playing very loudly the finished version Craig mixed, I could hear my wife upstairs singing it. THAT tells me we did good!

Steve

P.S You dont care for Squeeze? That's kinda like poking the Queen in the eye with a stick isn't it?
Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 14 2011, 8:08 PM)

somebody turn up the vocals & the lead guitar
break please

Hi Gents:

The music tracks including the beds are fine..

as, bright lights tonight, says..
I have a problem hearing the vocals in the mix..

No issues with this
ONE.. regarding the Vocal Track(s)..
I'm sure the vocal tracks can be pushed up a bit, as bright lights tonight, suggests, as well.. I hear TonyR's influence there..
I'd need to hear more of Duff's material to hear his contributions/input, on the song.. :agree: :)

Bill..
:laugh:
No worries Tina. I think I can safely assume that I speak for Craig and Steve in that this was simply a fun project with no expectations.

Bill. Thanks for the listen. If you check the original, you'll probably notice that vocals are burried even deeper in that very 70s uk styleee mix. (it was kind of an homage).

Cheers guys. I enjoyed that. A bit like being in a band again. Let's do another.
Quote: (duffman @ Jan. 16 2011, 8:15 AM)

To be honest there are a bunch of people who post here that I rarely comment on thier mixes or songs anymore because they have gotten to a point where truely, what the hell am I going to tell them other then, "NICE TUNE" (However here are some others who truely need help

We put a lot of effort into our songs & videos & often feel whats the point why carry on
& to get a just a few people here giving it the thumbs up & saying its great makes it all worthwhile...we need it
& when those people are fellow musicans whos opinon you respect then thats even better & makes you pick up the guitar & start writing another one & start all over again

but your right steve when you hear a family member singing your stuff that is
special

and squeeze well they had no glamour they always looked like a bunch of chavs & they didnt play guitar solos...some good tunes but they were led by a keyboard & they bored me silly

Tina
Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 16 2011, 9:37 AM)

No worries Tina.
Cheers guys. I enjoyed that. A bit like being in a band again. Let's do another.

I'm in the basement listenin to tunes as I re-tube and drop a new speaker into an amp.
All of a sudden DOWNTOWN by Petula Clark comes on my player.......AND I THINK
Now there is a tune to do a metal cover of!!....Let Tina rip!!
Quote: (duffman @ Jan. 16 2011, 9:56 AM)

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 16 2011, 9:37 AM)

No worries Tina.

I'm in the basement listenin to tunes as I re-tube and drop a new speaker into an amp.
All of a sudden DOWNTOWN by Petula Clark comes on my player.......AND I THINK
Now there is a tune to do a metal cover of!!....Let Tina rip!!

"forget all your troubles, forget all your cares, and go....."

I'm in :agree:

Vocals pretty much mixed like Squeeze used to do. I guess cos they didn’t really have a lead vocalist as such! I really liked there songwriting though, they don’t get much better than ‘Up The Junction’.
You definitely put an extra edge on it though, no doubt Duff putting a little metal influence in there :p

Good job guys :agree: :agree:

Nice tune

:)

My only comment is that it's a bit 'verby perhaps. But then so many songs are.

As for Squeeze you can't deny that Difford and Tilbrook wrote great songs. And I'd always considered them to be a guitar band (not keyboard led).

Anyway I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W04Y5kfxNd8

Unfortunately I got that Paul-Simon-and-the-other-guy feeling from it.
Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 16 2011, 12:54 PM)

Unfortunately I got that Paul-Simon-and-the-other-guy feeling from it.

Would that be Wyclef Jean, Mark? :D

So, who did the bass? :laugh:

Really nice job on this, guys.

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 16 2011, 6:02 PM)

So, who did the bass?

Really nice job on this, guys.

Cheers, Tom. 'twas fun, and an honour.
'The Mighty Duff' SMASHED it out, like a man posessed! Done 'n' dusted in blink!
It's not often you get caught nappn', Tom;-)

How're you fixed for some o' them o' your harmony skills on a little venture?