Taking the Hercules fw16/12 back

Actually I just want someone else to buy one first, and then come back and tell me how great it is. That way I can blame my GAS on peer pressure. :laugh:

Well the choices are this:

Berry ADA8000 $229 - I’ve heard good things, but I HATE giving my money to Berry. :angry:
SM Audio PR8mkII with ADAT $299 - CrankZ1 had one. His verdict: POS :(
M-Audio Octane $599 - Maybe but still…$599!!
Mackie Onyx 8R $1300 - Uh…NO!
Apogee and the like? Fagettaboudit!

So you see, choices are few.

TG

John! lol Can’t argue with your strategy, bud. :laugh:

I dunno, TG. The MOTU i played with once was sweeeeet.

teej

The mate who tested the herc on his laptop has a MOTUmkII/ADA8000 combo. He’s pretty happy with it.

Today I did a live recording gig with the herc, my berry 2442 desk and my alto 4 channel compressor. I used the comp to hard limit the bass, kick, drum overhead and the vocal group. WDM drivers coped with 30+ minute sets very well, no loss of sync, sounds fine. Yet to have a proper listen as I’ve only had 2 hours sleep in the last 28 hours. If it wasn’t for the lack of proper all channel monitoring, Id say the herc is pretty darn good. certainly stable under xp/sp1.

Willy.

2 hours!! Man, I bet you feel refreshed! The past few days I’ve caught catnaps here and there myself, but no REAL rest. WORK SUX!!

I shoulda been born RICH instead of soooo good lookin’! :D :D

TG

PS Er…you just have to take my word for it on the “good lookin” thang OK? :p :p

PSS Glad you got the Herc sorted Willy. I’m gonna go the MOTU route though. I just gotta find time to get the stuff ordered. No sense in getting it here to sit in the box whilst I friggin’ work 24/7!! Grrrrr…