Teen pregnancy in the US

Where does your state rank?

Teen Pregancy.

Red states tend to have a higher teen pregnancy rate than blue states.

I just don’t understand this with the morals/values thing?!?!

There are more mobile homes in the red states. This is a well known fact. The large amounts of metal combined with lines of magnetic flux that freely flow throught the iron core of these trailers causes an unusually high sexual response in its inhabitants. Thereby causing teen pregnancy followed by an abortion or some type of marriage involving a shotgun which either lasts a short period of time which results in murder or divorce.

I hope this helps.

Just to clarify, it’s similar to the tornado magnet thing.

Funny, but seriously, communities that refuse to teach sex ed in their schools are gonna get pregnant girls, period. I don’t agree that high-school aged kids should be having sex, but I also wouldn’t want to send my kid swimming without a life-preserver, if you catch my meaning.

I think it even goes deeper than that. I think alot of parents give their kids too much rope with which to hang themselves at too early an age.

Idol hands.

There are more mobile homes in the red states. This is a well known fact. The large amounts of metal combined with lines of magnetic flux that freely flow throught the iron core of these trailers causes an unusually high sexual response in its inhabitants. Thereby causing teen pregnancy followed by an abortion or some type of marriage involving a shotgun which either lasts a short period of time which results in murder or divorce.

I hope this helps.

ROFL :D :D

Ali
Quote (Brad @ Dec. 06 2004,22:09)
I think it even goes deeper than that. I think alot of parents give their kids too much rope with which to hang themselves at too early an age.

Idol hands.
You've hit one of the major core reasons there. Not only can parents teach and guide their kids to be safe, but they can also teach by example, whether they are or are not aware it. If the kids are taught properly and also understand the wisdom/consequences behind it, then no amount of peer pressure or temptation can deter them from what they've been taught. This applies to sex, drugs and umm, rock'n'roll. :p

If they have idle (not idol, heh) hands, then they just need to be steered into a positively productive hobb(ies) and interests. Otherwise, yes, idle hands usually turn into teens banging their neighbors' mailboxes and err... their daughter(s).

Idle hands should be taught masterbation as an alternative to premarital sex, but would probably cause more incest in the trailer zones. Reminds me of West Virginia joke, Why do West Virginia men go to family reunions?????To pick up girls!

OMG, I just read what I typed, SICK!

Or the most confusing holiday in the south and Idaho ?..

Fathers day! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :p

You know why there are so many teen pregnancies? LOUSY PARENTS! Is that a Repub/Dem issue? I don’t think so. Its a personal responsibility (or lack thereof) thing. That sorry state of affairs crosses all boundaries, race, economic, social, political etc…

Next you gonna tell us the grass is greener in the Blue states?

TG

The two factors in teen years that correlate most highly with later criminal problems: sexual oppression in the teen years and fundamentalism.

No fooling. :)

Quote (technoid @ Dec. 06 2004,23:31)
Quote (Brad @ Dec. 06 2004,22:09)

Idol hands.
If they have idle (not idol, heh) hands, then they just need to be steered into a positively productive hobb(ies) and interests. Otherwise, yes, idle hands usually turn into teens banging their neighbors' mailboxes and err... their daughter(s).

I was talking about Billy Idol hands. You know, like Betty Davis eyes. Alright I made a typo. Thanks for pointing that out. :)
Quote (TomS @ Dec. 07 2004,12:48)
The two factors in teen years that correlate most highly with later criminal problems: sexual oppression in the teen years and fundamentalism.

No fooling. :)

So let me follow the logic.... If my wife (then girlfriend) had not given in that night after church...I'd be in prison now?

TG

Being from the south and growing up in a hush hush environment, (Southern Baptist) means that I was sexual oppressed as a teen? Then robbing a couple of banks would be ok to do now? Maybe I could get on Oprah afterwards and tell of my oppression, make large amounts of money travelling the world and giving highly paid speeches to young adults!..Cool, thanks for the idea!