Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centur

<!–QuoteBegin>

That’s an unprecedented level of good nature and civility.

YOU CAN ALL GO TO ####!! :D

i can’t agree with the accusations of evilness… that word is reserved for special people…although, it’s obvious now that we do not have parallel lexicons…

<!–QuoteBegin>
Rush Limbaugh is just an entertainer, like the folks you mentioned earlier from Fox “news.” I don’t think much of them at all.

very true, although i like to be entertained… in all honesty, i’ve been turned off by pretty much every news outlet… over the last few weeks, i find myself visiting this site and fark.com far more than the news sites… i wonder if i’m losing touch with the world, or if they have…

although i’ve been approached as a possible local candidate for the libertarian ticket, i’m slowly coming to the conclusion that i would be better off to yell at a tree for an hour than to get overly involved in politics… it’s incredibly stressful to get riled over these things, even at 29 years old… but at the same time, i realize that most people are at best spectators… it’s incredible to talk with some of my friends and discover that they have little to no knowledge of how our government works and who they are… and keep in mind that i try to surround myself with objective and bright thinkers… however, this is not to say that i am an expert on all things USA… so that leaves people like you and myself who seem to give a #### and are willing to at least communicate about our concerns… in fact, i’ve received letters back from both of my senators and my rep in the house over the last two weeks… sadly, i expect that many people vote blindly and do not even know who their rep & senators are…

but, you can find out!

http://vote-smart.org
http://senate.gov

the same that we disagree in sincerity, we speak openly and honestly…

<!–QuoteBegin>
Recent developments in Venezuela are getting a little unnerving

yes, hugo chavez is a nut job for sure… however, i fear that his imperial objectives do not immediately involve the US… colombia is far more attractive a target for him… although i admire and respect condoleezza rice, i was amused by his comments about her earlier this year… and sadly, i have friends from both countries that have migrated to the US… one of my friends is in his 60s, and has only recently moved here… after attaining his medical degree and working in a prestigious position with the venezuelan government for 15+ years, he refuses to return under the current conditions… in fact, he may live the rest of his days in a foreign land… to me, that is sad…

isaac

<!–QuoteBegin>

Four pages and no one has had to invoke Godwin’s Law

ha!.. i had to look up godwin’s law!.. i am one of the most detached developers ever… i quite often have to look up the acronyms and leet (sorry, i mean l33t) speak that i encounter on the web… maybe i should listen to more techno or something… :)

isaac

For alternative news sources might I recommend, for a “left” point of view:

www.michaelmoore.com

and

www.truthout.com

:)

my conservative browser refuses :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

yes, hugo chavez is a nut job for sure…

His sanity is not at issue, the US has opposed him strongly in two elections now and he has WON, and defeated a recall vote orchestrated by US agencies. The US govt hates him because he won’t play ball. They are determined to undermine a “Democratically elected leader”. So much for spreading democracy.

.-=gp=-.

<!–QuoteBegin>

…and he has WON… They are determined to undermine a "Democratically elected leader"

can you confirm the validity of the outcomes of those elections?.. just as people decry our own elections here in the US as fraudulent, is it not possible that is exactly how he came to power?.. ten years from now, while chavez is still in power, and has venezuela by the throat in a “castroian” society, people here in the US will probably claim that the US was actually responsible for putting him in power… while this man sniffs castro’s balls, venezuela is going down the toilet… even in the early days of the terrible floods of 1999, people cried out, “where is chavez”, while he silently sat in some unknown location… of course, he openly accepted the US support of helicopters, planes, and a $25 million check… fast forward to 2005 where chavez has purchased 100,000 rifles from russia, as well as new helicopters… this is a man who has aided marxist-colombian guerillas, and would love to have the coastline and traffic routes into central america that colombia currently owns… okay, i’ve started ranting, sorry…

<!–QuoteBegin>
The US govt hates him because he won’t play ball

i seriously doubt that you will find any reliable source of information that can support such a statement… it seems you’ve picked a side and are ignoring the fascinating concept of objectivity…

of course, on the same note, and in your defense, i’ve picked my side, and i can’t confirm that chavez is indeed “a nut job”… although i have my suspicions :)

isaac