Ten things you didn't know about eBay

<!–QuoteBegin>

To the rest of you, no likee - no clickee!

Like I said, I thought it was going to be an amusing type thread. Dont know if I’m gonna like it until I at least read it. This thread suffered from misrepresentation, almost…

I’ll post the baby jokes if more people ask for them.

Shame on you, isaac - what would Rand say? You need to remember that you are a rational self-satisfaction maxmimizer, not some patriot wedded to an outmoded nationalist morality.

:D

Kidding! :)

well, as i clearly stated, free market and free decisions… my girlfriend and i have simply decided to buy USA manufactured goods when possible and makes sense… others are free to do as they wish…

i think rand would be okay with me making decisions :)

i have a friend from colombia who absolutely despises all chinese manufactured goods… it’s amusing to go out looking for new hardware with him!.. you should hear the words he uses! :D

isaac

Tom is correct!

<!–QuoteBegin>

i’ve certainly never had a bad experience there

Well I have - GC s*cks!!! If I have to & given the choice, I always buy from MusiciansFriend.com, rather than GC, regardless of price matching, etc. I’m not giving any money to Arnold if I can help it too :laugh:

When I bought my Epiphone '56 reissue, there’s a local shop that sells them. They guy wants $200 more than I can buy one from MF. I went with eBay and got it for even less.

i’m beginning to think that mike is a marketing rep for ebay… :D

isaac

Like I said, I wished I had purchased stock.

<!–QuoteBegin>

What? So that you can make money without producing anything in return?

Shame on you Toke, you evil capitalist! :D

Ali
Quote (Sceptic Tank @ July 26 2005,18:21)

What? So that you can make money without producing anything in return?

Shame on you Toke, you evil capitalist! :D

Ali
You think Mike is a "closet" right-winger" ??? :p

TG

Made in America, right.

It’s funny to go back in time, tear a made in america piece of electronics down and see all the “SANYO” parts.

Made in America, ROFL

Wait, Mike, - aren’t the Fiend and Guitar Satan both owned by the same people?

I believe that is correct. oh oh! Mike is supporting the evil empire. And i don’t mean the Yankees this time.

Quote (TomS @ July 27 2005,08:38)
Wait, Mike, - aren't the Fiend and Guitar Satan both owned by the same people?

Yes they are.

I usually buy new toys from samedaymusic.com and try to avoid musicians"fiend" if at all possible.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Wait, Mike, - aren’t the Fiend and Guitar Satan both owned by the same people?

GC actually owns MF, but I used MF long before I ever saw a GC. Plus, MF is still it’s own people & they still are very good to deal with.

Actually, in the last six months I bought a bass, a bass amp, a shure kick-drum mic, and a bunch of other odds and ends from the local Guitar Center; it’s MF that I’m not fond of.