Test song with new cheapo mics

:slight_smile:

I’m borrowing from myself, so this is not musically very new, but I wanted to test the new K-Micro mics on drum OH and acoustic, so here it is, called “Shadowland” - yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it is not very original:

Shadowland - Click here

Well, it’s a twofer, and that doesn’t assure anyone of quality, but I posted this afternoon’s experiment as well: No One Wants Perfection.

Same link as above.

:)

I’m sittin’ here laffin my ass off Tom - I think you know whay and have been wating for such a reaction.

I ain’t sayin another word.

Who told you that anyway?

:agree: ??? :( :)

Just one suggestion lyrically - you might change ‘it’ to ‘they’ put my name on it and it’ll be perfect… no wait no one wants that… what a vicious cycle.

Hee hee - thank you, Mr. Willis, that is a fine suggestion. :)

Hey Tom, I really enjoying listening to your stuff. You write great songs and your recordings ain’t half bad either. Nice. Can I d/l them and put them on a cd for the car?

You certainly may, Mark, although I’d rather you hear them in all their “perfect” 16/44 gory…uh…I mean “glory.” :)

I will say this for myself - I’ve gotten better over the years - I used to be a talentless musician and an inept recordist - now I’m up to the respectable level of mediocre! And I am truthfully damn proud of myself!

Main thing is, it’s lots of fun. Would that some of us were not drawn to the things for which we have no real talent. Things I’m good at I don’t enjoy very much, things I’m not so good at…

That book I posted about, Sacks’ Musicophilia, has many interesting things to say about this, BTW. Fascinating.

Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 01 2008, 8:50 PM)

You certainly may, Mark, although I'd rather you hear them in all their "perfect" 16/44 gory....uh...I mean "glory." :)

I will say this for myself - I've gotten better over the years - I used to be a talentless musician and an inept recordist - now I'm up to the respectable level of mediocre! And I am truthfully damn proud of myself!

Main thing is, it's lots of fun. Would that some of us were not drawn to the things for which we have no real talent. Things I'm good at I don't enjoy very much, things I'm not so good at...

That book I posted about, Sacks' Musicophilia, has many interesting things to say about this, BTW. Fascinating.

Thanks Tom - I'm up for 16/44 if you are - I can even supply some FTP space you can upload them to if you want.

I've not checked out Sacks' book yet. Hope to do so soon.

I'm just still reveling in the fact that this technology is available to us today at such affordable prices so we can do this stuff. Joy.

Ah, you are so right, I’m not the first to say that if I’d had this stuff 30 years ago I’d still be in mom’s basement…

You don’t need to look for file space - I don’t want to upload all that stuff again…and there is still that old fashioned way of sending things, last I heard tell. :)