Texans for Truth

Was George W. Bush AWOL in Alabama?

‘Texans for Truth’ ad challenges Bush on Guard service.

Two can play this game. They’re running $100,000 of ads.

<!–QuoteBegin>

In the new ad, retired lieutenant colonel Robert Mintz says he "heard George W. Bush get up there and say, ‘I served in the 187th Air National Guard in Montgomery, Alabama.’

"I said, ‘Really? That was my unit. And I don’t remember seeing you there,’ " Mintz says. “So I called my friends and said, ‘Did you know that George Bush served in our unit?’ And everyone said, ‘No, I never saw him there.’ It would be impossible to be unseen in a unit of that size.” Texans for Truth plans to spend $100,000 to $250,000 to run the ad for a week in closely contested states that are home to large numbers of families of U.S. troops killed in Iraq. Such states include Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Oregon and Arizona. But the group would not specify which states it has bought ad time in.

I saw the ad tonight - it’s great!!! I’ts as good as any of the swift boat ads.

With the release of these new documents, I’m beginning to think that Bush may have actually been technically AWOL (even though no one probably cared at the time). By the way, it’s interesting how the White House had already said it released all the documents, yet they find some more this week.

I also saw on TV the white spokeman try to confuse and spin the documents themselves by saying that we shouldn’t read too much into them because the guy (Killian) who wrote has been dead for 10 years. Well I’ve got news for Bush - Killian didn’t write these documents when he was dead, he wrote them when he was alive & well!

I also love how Bush spokesman Dan Bartlett said he must have misspoke about Bush’s service in the Boston area when in fact Bush did NOT service.

You know if Kerry or a Democrat had done this, you guys would be all over him but we all know how hypocritical some people are around here.

Umm, Two problems here, Mike. The Coast Guard thing had been hashed out ad nauseum in the first election.

AND!!! Bush did not make his service in the Coast Guard the cornerstone of his convention!!!

Kerry ,who served 4 months in vietnam , got 3 purple hearts for minor injurys, for which he got out of vietnam without spending
a single day in the hospital! , made it the focal point of HIS convention.

We can judge how Bush would act as President by how he has acted as president.

The only way we can judge Kerry is by his record as a senator and by his character.

Jeff

Jeff - I agree that it was a mistake for Kerry to make Vietnam the main focus & it’s hurt him.

It now appears, according to documents made public yesterday, President Bush failed to carry out a direct order from his superior in the Texas Air National Guard in May 1972 to undertake a medical examination that was necessary for him to remain a qualified pilot.

This is enough reason for me not to vote for him.

Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 09 2004,13:21)
It now appears, according to documents made public yesterday, President Bush failed to carry out a direct order from his superior in the Texas Air National Guard in May 1972 to undertake a medical examination that was necessary for him to remain a qualified pilot.

This is enough reason for me not to vote for him.

Mike,
Can you provide any context that would cause you to make so much of an issue out of something so trivial??

Are you, in reality a counter insurgent, acting for the republicans?

Believe me, I'm all ears!

Jeff

don’t bother: he and the nitwit that wrote the article don’t know the difference between a direct order and a lawful order

You’re right - I don’t know the difference. Jeff - I’m just quoting what I’m seeing in the media. Although now Drudge says 60 minutes forged the docs?!?! I thought the doc’s came from the White House though? I’m all confused. :laugh:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5955784/

The CBS doc’s are really irrelevant; however we should know if they were forged or not.

The records obtained by the AP lawsuit are enough to further indicate the Bush was “missing” between April - Oct of 1972.

<!–QuoteBegin>

The records show his last flight came on April 1972, which is consistent with his pay records that show Bush had a large lapse of duty between April and October of that year, a time he says he went to Alabama to work on an unsuccessful Republican Senate campaign. Bush skipped a required medical exam that cost his pilot’s status in August 1972.

A six-month historical record of his 147th Fighter Interceptor Group, also turned over to the AP on Tuesday, shows some of the training Bush missed with his colleagues during that time.

Significantly, it showed the unit joined a “24-hour active alert mission to safeguard against surprise attack” in the southern United State beginning on Oct. 6, 1972, a time when Bush did not report for duty, according to his pay records.

Bush’s lone service in October came at another air base an Alabama, where he sought temporary permission to train away from his assigned squadron.

They got their own web site now - Texans for Truth.

$50,000 for original information proving whether George W. Bush performed duties in the Air National Guard between May 1972 and May 1973 at Dannelly Air National Guard Base in Alabama.

50,000 dollars?

Yep, I saw him!

In fact, after I zipped up and washed my hands, I even tipped him 5 cents on my way out the door!

:D

I saw Kerry too (how much is that worth?). But my oh my, I’ve never seen someone spend so much time in front of the washroom mirror practising saluting himself! LOL

Ali