Thanks to all those who supported me

As for Phoo, well there again, I know not what goes on in his head, but, I do recall a post from him on here in which he cited you as the main reason he and Mac had a falling out.
I bare no responsibility for any falling out between phoo & Mac (and I think you misunderstood what phoo meant). Phoo & Mac are big boys & they can resolve any falling out they may have had with each other.
Quote (Ali @ Sep. 08 2004,16:18)
I tell you what Ali - I'll take a sanity test if you'll take an IQ test.

Mike, I have no need to take an IQ test; if my intelligence is not obvious to you, then it would be futile for you to take one too.

As for your sanity test; I don't really think you are insane. However, I do believe all is not right in the Cressey head-hold.

And no, no one called you a knucklehead, but doesn't your belief that someone did, suggest to you that "paranoia" is at least a possibility?

As for "not believing in evolution", where did that come from?

Shall we add "delusional" to paranoid?

But, if it matters, my own opinion is that Darwinism seems a very reasonable explanation, and that the only debate is whether classical Darwinism as a "gradual change process" or Neo-Darwinism with its catastrophic approach is more likely.

So if I make make a suggestion Mike, it might be more sensible to find out what I actually believe than creating a scenario that fits in with your delusions.

Now, something else you accused me of was of making an Ad Hominem attack on you.

Well, as you may know, an "Ad Hominem argument" is an argument that attempts to discredit an argument by attacking the person, not the argument.

And that's far from the truth. I have made no attack on your opinions nor beliefs, in fact, many of your political and religious opinions mirror my own.

No, my response to you, has been purely against you as a person.

For the following reasons:

(1) You pissed me off, and I stay pissed off for a long, long time.

(2) You're a fool. You have stated that you have a strong sense of humour, but you're unable to realise that most people are not laughing with you, but rather, at you. And having a fool on the same political and ethical stage as myself demeans all that I have fought and struggled for.

(3) You're stupid. And that is the crime for which nature has only one sentence. It is therefore the duty of every other living being to harry and hound you till you crawl into a corner somewhere. Sadly, you are so thick-skinned and unaware of other people's responses to you, that you will continue to carry on disregardless. But, I can always hope.

(4) You are a hypocrite. And that is probably the worst thing of all as far as I'm concerned. You call out "Flavio! Drop the link to Audiominds, they're a commercial site!" (They were selling Audiominds hats). Then, a few days later, there you are, at Audiominds, promoting your homemade DAWS.

"Audiominds people are traitors!" Yet there again, as soon as Fasoft is down, you come crawling in.

What's wrong Mike, won't anyone talk to you in real life?

I wonder why.

Anyway Mike, please do continue your responses to my posts, but please do try and prove more of a challenge, because up till now, if feels as if I'm fighting a six year old, and it's starting to get a bit boring.

Ali
Mike,
Let it rest. After flopping around on the deck for a while, you have just been expertly filleted ,roasted and had for lunch.

Jeff

P.S. Thanks for the flood of PM's on the Audiominds forum. I read half of one and blocked you.
Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 08 2004,16:52)
First, no-one will be pissed. You can post whatever you want here.

Thanks!

Lets see.... telling people to 'get lost', googling for 'how to moderate a forum' and giving us your rules of engagement, telling us we can 'post whatever we like'. Very authoritative indeed...

If I didn't know better, I'd say you were jockeying for position of board moderator.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (I just can't find the icon of the laughing smiley rolling around!!)

I didn’t say I wanted to be a moderator but I had fun thinking about it. :laugh:

Jeff - the truth hurts doesn’t it?

Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 08 2004,22:19)
I didn't say I wanted to be a moderator but I had fun thinking about it. :laugh:

Jeff - the truth hurts doesn't it?

Doesn't hurt me Mike, Yourself?

Jeff
it's clear why they have it in for Kerry - they don't like what he said post-war. Too bad - the truth hurts sometimes!

Sorry but that's really a problem, I was there and didn't see anything at all even romotely close to what he described!!!!
And I personally resented him casting all Vietnam vets into that light!

As far as I'm consirned He's a spin docter, and I've considered myself a Demacrat for decades!
C A R M A "Now isn't that Special?"

Sits back with feet up

Aaaaaah

The forum’s back (and back to normal)

Toker, I took up for you once, then publicly apologized to Mac on this forum for doing it. I went over to Audiominds and found Mac doing the same thing I chastised him over here for doing, yet he was in a position to get rid of you once and for all and had chosen not to…proving my point about his attitude toward you. Don’t flatter yourself into thinking I was supportive of you over there…and for the record yes you, Toker, were directly a part of the troubles between Mac and me. You should stay over at Audiominds where you seem to have learned some restraint and where Mac seems to enjoy arguing with you, in spite of what he says.

Quote (phoo @ Sep. 09 2004,11:02)
You should stay over at Audiominds where you seem to have learned some restraint and where Mac seems to enjoy arguing with you, in spite of what he says.

Restraint? :laugh:

The only reason it looked like restraint was because he knew he had Mac's moderator axe hanging over his head....!!!

It wasn't restraint, it was sweet-talk.... :)

As a couple of people have commented, now that we're back to this board things are back to 'normal' again.

Phoo - I never asked you to “take up” for me in the first place, but you did the right thing when you spoke out IMO. We all have to account for our actions don’t we - so why take back what you said in the first place.

However, I will take no responsibility for the troubles between you & Mac. You were bothered by something that happened with Hux as I recall, which is why you spoke out for me. Don’t rewrite history now - accept your actions. Apologize if you feel you have to but don’t bring me into it.

Mac did like arguing with me & I liked arguing with him.

[Accounting for my own actions] Where I went wrong was taking some advice from a co-worker who said the only way to deal with creationists/anti-science religious fanactics is to attack them. So that’s what I did & it was wrong to do because I got too carried away. However, I accept responsiblity for it now.

Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 08 2004,16:52)
First, no-one will be pissed. You can post whatever you want here.

Second, Audiominds is a "support site for digital recording" not a "user maintained support site for n-Track Studio". Where have you been, man?

And I'm not talking out both sides of my mouth (have you ever actually tried to do that).

Er...I copied it from here.

TG

Well unfortunately, Flavio’s got that one wrong but at least he moved the link to where it appropriately belongs.

Flavio’s my main man & I’ll support him to the end.

However, I will take no responsibility for the troubles between you & Mac. You were bothered by something that happened with Hux as I recall, which is why you spoke out for me. Don't rewrite history now - accept your actions. Apologize if you feel you have to but don't bring me into it.
How am I not accepting my actions? How am I rewriting history?

You don't have to accept responsibility for my actions. It was Mac's actions toward you that ticked me off initially.

It wasn't Hux, it was Katow and Dyers. Mac had done the same thing to them as he was doing to you at that time. They understood how their posts would tick off Mac and made an obvious effort to play nice in Mac's world, to some degree of success and failure, but they tried. You have made no effort.

I'm not rewriting history. The fact that you don't see that your actions was directly instrumental in causing friction between two usually (sometimes-occasionally) level headed folks shows a huge lack of insight into human nature on your part. You don't have to agree or even be able to see or understand it from your point of view. You just need to understand that I believe it, and that's why I have little patience with you now.

Therefore, to slightly change the subject, if you truly believe Kerry is the better candidate stop arguing here are go out and do some real work to get the man elected.

Or better still go over to the recording 1/3 of the forum and be as helpful as Katow and Mac were.
It wasn't Hux, it was Katow and Dyers. Mac had done the same thing to them as he was doing to you at that time. They understood how their posts would tick off Mac and made an obvious effort to play nice in Mac's world, to some degree of success and failure, but they tried. You have made no effort.
Sorry - I forgot who it was. My intent of my posts were not solely to tick Mac off (although they may have had that effect) & I can see why Katow & Dyers may have wanted to do what they did but that's not me.

My intent was to fight him on the evolution/creationism debate & to "question his authority" when I saw him making posts that I thought were stretches. Mac comes across to me as a "know-it-all". He replies to almost every post that people make. And there are things that he says that I just plain don't agree agree with. In a healthy forum, we could disagree with each other & still have respect.

I'm not rewriting history. The fact that you don't see that your actions was directly instrumental in causing friction between two usually (sometimes-occasionally) level headed folks shows a huge lack of insight into human nature on your part. You don't have to agree or even be able to see or understand it from your point of view. You just need to understand that I believe it, and that's why I have little patience with you now.
OK - rewriting perhaps is the wrong phase. What I'm trying to say is that I did not knowingly intend to cause friction between you & I, and I don't like you suggesting that I did. When you came to my "defense" you did it for legitimate & real reasons. It was your own choice & judgement that lead you to do it. That's the part I'm saying that you don't need to rewrite or revise. You did what you did & it was the correct thing to do at the time IMO. Instead, now you're apologizing for it & make it so it never happened.

I don't care if you have patience with me or not. You either like me or you don't. I still like you because I like what you say & I like your music. I tried to apologize for my the wise-crack I made to you, but you didn't accept my apology. That's your choice my friend & now I have to live with it.
you & I should read you & Mac. Sorry.
Instead, now you're apologizing for it & make it so it never happened.
Where am I doing that? I appologized to Mac months ago for taking up for someone that didn't learn from the experience.

I learned a lot in the last few weeks. It was quiet and nice for a while. (before the hacking)

Where am I doing that? I appologized to Mac months ago for taking up for someone that didn't learn from the experience.
I seem to recall you bringing it up again on audiominds recently.

And what do you mean I don't learn from experience. I did learn some stuff - alot of stuff. And a few people like Jason even came to bat for me recently - here & over on audiominds. Thanks Jason!