The 'lanes' concept

Here’s the same or similar idea in cubase on what can be done using lanes. Takes appear in lanes. Use your n-Track editing skills to get takes into one track. By this you can see what a great tool ‘lanes’ can be. A lot quicker that individual track recording when n is setup to record new takes to lanes.

Good find. When someone says that lanes are complicated or too much trouble, I can tell they really don’t get it. And I can’t chalk that up to diffrn’t strokes. It is like ox cart versus semi truck. However, I will admit that Cubase’s implementation is kinda cruddy. You can do this same thing in R much faster due to the tool-less design. (You don’t have to mess with this erase and move or media pool stuff. Just expand and collapse the lane with Ctl -L)

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 29 2009, 1:30 PM)

Here's the same or similar idea in cubase on what can be done using lanes. Takes appear in lanes. Use your n-Track editing skills to get takes into one track. By this you can see what a great tool 'lanes' can be. A lot quicker that individual track recording when n is setup to record new takes to lanes.

Is that showing 3 takes?
If so arn't they supposed to be stacked?
I'll have to give lanes a workout one of these days.

Sigh… Watch the video and all will become clear.

Oh ok, thought it was a screen shot.
:agree:

Recording in a loop is interesting. (funny! clocks never run out of time!)
Good video though, that’s what I expect lanes to be like, good tool.
I don’t know if I mentioned this, about me teasin D yesterday; “a gazillion
lanes”. If you did then I’m sorry about that, I really was only messin with him for my own amusement.
If y’all like lanes I like lanes. This looks great, do you think nTrack’s lanes will reach this level?

No problem here Levi. I’m just tossin’ ideas out there for the Flavmeister.

Quote:

do you think nTrack’s lanes will reach this level?

Sure, if the users want it and wank about it loud enough.

D

GROUP HUG!

Quote: (Dubious @ Jan. 29 2009, 5:17 PM)

No problem here Levi. I'm just tossin' ideas out there for the Flavmeister.

Quote:

do you think nTrack's lanes will reach this level?

D

Right! :agree:
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 29 2009, 5:32 PM)

GROUP HUG!

:laugh:
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 29 2009, 5:32 PM)

GROUP HUG!

I don't know about that junk... when's the last time you dudes took a shower? Phew!

D

PS Nevermind... I just took my shoes off...

I take one every Saturday, if I need one or not :laugh: Must be Mr Airs

Forget recording in a loop. Just imagine you have 10 vocal takes and want to edit them quickly… Lanes is the ticket. For instance… on the PTM stuff, Alison may record 5 different versions of the violin. All takes go into a lane and I edit the various solos together to get the best of the best. Maybe we liked what she did in verse 1 on take 5 and verse 2 on take 3. It is also very handy for comparing differences. So if she tries X, Y, and Z, we can compare them quickly and punch them in and out of the arrangement with a single click (at least in R, Cubase is convoluted IMO). No other tool has streamlined my work flow more than lanes.

Quote: (Dubious @ Jan. 29 2009, 11:17 PM)

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect that word/phrase means something different in the US to what it means in the UK! :)

WANK

Look under No. 5, definition 2.

Then again, that word is pretty universal in its meaning. :)

Quote:

he is upstaires having a jossel, would you like to leave a message?

now the thread is officially wanked. I knew I would find some purpose today.

No, no confusion over wank. It means the same thing everywhere so far as I know. look for PTM song soon that features the term prominently.

No. 45 on phoo’s link is the context I was referring to… not the err… “twiddling of one-eyed Willy”…

45. wank

1.) to bitch or complain or whine

You wankers! :laugh:

D

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Jan. 30 2009, 10:52 AM)

Forget recording in a loop. Just imagine you have 10 vocal takes and want to edit them quickly... Lanes is the ticket. For instance... on the PTM stuff, Alison may record 5 different versions of the violin. All takes go into a lane and I edit the various solos together to get the best of the best. Maybe we liked what she did in verse 1 on take 5 and verse 2 on take 3. It is also very handy for comparing differences. So if she tries X, Y, and Z, we can compare them quickly and punch them in and out of the arrangement with a single click (at least in R, Cubase is convoluted IMO). No other tool has streamlined my work flow more than lanes.

Right, no loops here, but I've been doing the same with tracks otherwise.
I usually expect to record a few takes and edit the best of.
This example of lanes is awesome no doubt Bubba!
Hopein Flavio see's this.