The Best of Cress: 1970 - 2005

It’s finally finished…

Best of Cress.

Well it’s finally done! A collection of 22 songs of my best material dating from 1970 - 2005. Many of the original songs were on my 3 previously released CDs, alhtough there is some previoulsy unreleased songs as well. I went through as much of the material as I could & re-did the drum tracks either using Mick Fleetwood’s drump loops or my drummer Jeff Moulds. It features mostly me but I’m joined by Jeff, as I mentioned, Clayton Crawford on guitar, Jamil Alvi on guitar, Robert Shepherd on vocals, and others.

I also re-mixed as much stuff as I could in nTrack (my first CD was not in digital format). I re-mastered everything. I’m pretty happy with the results. You can purchase the CD from my web site using PayPal (it’s only $10 postpaid), or I’ll have it on CdBaby soon.

I hope you like it!

purchase this!!!

music is free

give it away give it away NOW…

what I got you’ve got to give to your(insert target audience here)

What if we don’t do paypal?

<!–QuoteBegin>

give it away give it away NOW…

I have given a lot of it away but sorry, music is not free.

Tom - if you’d like to purchase it and not use PayPal, you can either email me for my address & send me a check, or wait till I have it on CdBaby.com and purchase with a credit card. It’s cheaper to buy it from me directly.

Eyup!

I wish I could release a “best of” album.

In my case, the title would be somewhat an oxymoron. :(

Mike, you are quite entitled to charge for the fruits of your labour.
Man does not live by sweat alone :D

Steve

Thanks Steve. I’ve never charged very much for my CDs because they are home-made, and $10 (postpaid) for this one is quite reasonable.

Quote (Guest @ Sep. 08 2006,11:00)
purchase this!!!!!!!!!!

music is free

give it away give it away NOW...........

what I got you've got to give to your(insert target audience here)

If Music is free.. Why does Paul McArtney own half of the UK?
Music isn't free, if you're good enough to sell it!

I'll stick $10 in Mike.

Cheers,
Ian
Quote (Mr Soul @ Sep. 07 2006,14:38)
Best of Cress.

Well it's finally done! A collection of 22 songs of my best material dating from 1970 - 2005. Many of the original songs were on my 3 previously released CDs, alhtough there is some previoulsy unreleased songs as well. I went through as much of the material as I could & re-did the drum tracks either using Mick Fleetwood's drump loops or my drummer Jeff Moulds. It features mostly me but I'm joined by Jeff, as I mentioned, Clayton Crawford on guitar, Jamil Alvi on guitar, Robert Shepherd on vocals, and others.

I also re-mixed as much stuff as I could in nTrack (my first CD was not in digital format). I re-mastered everything. I'm pretty happy with the results. You can purchase the CD from my web site using PayPal (it's only $10 postpaid), or I'll have it on CdBaby soon.

I hope you like it!

Dang!! I wish you had posted this a day earlier. I just spent my last tenner on "The Best of Rest's-Bach" (silence is golden, get it???). Which is only slightly better than your music.

A ringing endorsment from the premier music critic of our times,

"The song [On a Roll] sounds very nice...

- Flavio Antonioli, owner (nTrack.com)"

Yours from a reefer induced haze, (not me),

Midget Hot Rink

<!–QuoteBegin>

A ringing endorsment from the premier music critic of our times,

"The song [On a Roll] sounds very nice…

- Flavio Antonioli, owner (nTrack.com)"

I put that on my site because I repect Flavio & I was flattered that he would use one of my songs as a sample.

As for reviews, I got a lot of very nice ones from this board:

<!–QuoteBegin>
Never Ever Knew
- Dig. I think this is probably the best thing I have heard from you. Good hook, good harmony, good arrangement. I was taken aback at how good the drums were, then I read further… You got Mick working for you… no wonder. (nTrack music forum)

Don’t Hurt Your Head
- But very cool song. I liked it alot (nTrack music forum)
- Very much liked “Don’t Hurt Your Head”. Nice message too (personal contact)

Sweet Spot
- I enjoyed it - the guitar work makes me think of Dire Straits, the vocals of Neil Young (except much better than Neil Young’s voice!). I tried to find problems in the mix - nope. I tried to find annoyances in the sound - nope. (nTrack music forum)

He Thought He Felt Something
- Another great tune Mike, really like your stuff especially your guitar playing. Really like the chorus in that song it reminded me of America a little bit. (nTrack Music forum)
- The song in general has a nice, bright overall tone to the sound. Sounds good! (nTrack music forum)

Left the Worst Behind
- Man I love the guitar work in that song…I enjoyed all the guitar parts but in particular the slide and the acoustic. Lots of movement with very nice progression, not predictable but sensible, well controlled with lots of expression. (nTrack music forum)

Make It Last
- Listened a few times. I love the main guitar riff and the vocals are fine. Basically I like the song very much (nTrack music forum)
- Really excellent. It’s got melody and plenty of changes to keep your interest up. The little guitar hook is really sweet. I do like the simplicity in your lead part. Recording is excellent. (nTrack music forum).

Hi Mr Soul:
I went over to your page and took the tour… It’s quite interesting and well laid out… I have a modem-and-dial-up and your page is one of very few that works well at that speed…

I signed your guestbook… If I had some loonies, I’d get a Hi-Speed connection… Then I’d get your album… :O :;):

Bill…

Bill - thanks for checking out the web site.

Hi Mr Soul:
If I ever get a decent internet connection, I don’t know what I’d ever do with all the spare time I might gain… I seem to be spending so much time downloading and uploading files… It’s so un-productive waiting for these files to complete… When I begin a file load task… I think very hard before I make the command… just so I can justify if I really want to take the time it’s gonna take to wait… That’s what is really hard on my mental resolve…

I think that a page that works well on a modem/dialup is a well designed page…

Bill…

The CD is now on CDBaby - The Best of Cress: 1970 - 2005.

Shoot, I dont stop in here as often as I like lately, but Bill (from Canada)…will you ever get a good internet connection, or get (or have you got) a good computer? You used to always talk about PIII in the past, and I had no idea what that was…guess it was the processor? But, sorry, this is Mikes thread.

Mike just went to your website, couldnt remember what type of music you did (for some reason, I thought I remembered you as a Dead Head) listened to one song, listened to the next…and said to myself, hmmmm very “Neil Young”!! Lite Bulb…thank god some of the “not short-term” memory is still working.

Very nice!
Chiller.

Chiller - thanks for listening. I was a Dead Head in an earlier life. I still miss old Captain Trips.

Hi chiller and All:
Thanks for the mail you sent out to me today, Mr. Soul. Trying to launch a CD promotion and sales event is one of the hardest parts of creating music…

It’s tough for creative minds to see that part of making music. There are many other parts to the product, as you know. To complete a well rounded product all of the parts require an equal level of input/effort, to ensure that the CD has a chance of surviving and and making a dollar-and-half… Making money is what all this work is about… in a money driven world…

Some people can invent or design things… others can fix things while some make music or sell real estate… or whatever… In the end, you’re always remembered for the last thing you ever did…

chiller… My web page got hijacked… It’s not a life-or-death thing… but to me, it’s like having your car broken into… I’m not so sure that I want to “Input” all that energy to put it up there and maybe have it happen to me again…

Flavio has had t happen to him a number of times… I never knew what that was or felt like… I know now… :O ??? :(

Bill…