The big fight

Years ago i walked into a big town centre pub on a saturday night
witha friend & it was empty. Very odd we thought, but maybe theres football on the telly at home we thought, & maybe its early. A few people came in as evening went by & we started ot notice odd things about the place - some pictures were hanging wonky on the wall ,some chairs looked in a bad way. In some ways it was nice to find a quiet place on what should have been a busy night but after 2 hours & th eplace was still virtualy empty i asked the bar maid was it always deadlike this.
She said there had been a terible
fight the week before & all the regulars were now staying away.
I get the imperesion this iswhat happened in this forum before i registerd?
i have had PMs from
people advicing me to leave (ntrack)& others telling me to stay
& people are alwaysfighting in the forum, theres bad feeling here.
when i look back a year or 2 this place was much busyer.
can i ask What reallyhappened?

Tina

It isn’t as exciting as you would want to believe. With the release of N-track 4 (maybe 3-4 years ago), things started to slip. Stability and performance were not what they once were and many of us in the old guard moved on to other things. Of the previous 100 or so active forum members, perhaps 5-8 remain. Some of the remaining folks are very defensive due to the mass exodus. On other forums you can have very open and candid conversations on one DAW versus another.
I have no idea why I bother keeping one foot in the forum other than to try to keep the misinformation to a minimum. That’s it.

Best advice I can give Tina; If you are getting done what YOU want to do… with minimal fuss using n-Track, you GO GIRL!

Every user is different. Some of us got tired of ‘issues’ and lack of features WE needed or wanted. No harm done. Make music, be happy.

Oh… and I ain’t “fighting” anybody. Just trying to shoot a little life back into “Dullsville”. :D

UJ

So just who are the sad funkers who come here only to put a downer on it. I’ve rarely witnessed such pathetic behaviour - they could not exist in the real world.

My 2 cents worth:

First, all web forums have their ebbs and flows. People come and go. Also, it’s easy to bicker and flex one’s egocentric opinions from behind the anonymity and safety of a remote web browser…a few good prankster trolls can drive the thin-skinned “local gurus” away, sobbing all the while with their tails between their legs
The web really brings out the dark side of the human psyche.
None of this is new or uncommon.
Having said that though, although it’s a decent product, I think nTrack has seen it’s zenith somewhere in the past.
There are just too many good inexpensive soft-DAW alternatives out there now sporting nifty interfaces and cool features…call it competition if you will.
nTrack has a very dated UI and there hasn’t really been what I’d call any significant functionality added in years.
Lastly…and this is a biggy…I see very little if any participation on these nTrack forums by Flavio and I think that creates the illusion of disinterest in and lack of sponsorship/support for the product.

Quote: (Unknown1 @ Oct. 26 2010, 9:35 AM)

My 2 cents worth:

First, all web forums have their ebbs and flows. People come and go. Also, it's easy to bicker and flex one's egocentric opinions from behind the anonymity and safety of a remote web browser....a few good prankster trolls can drive the thin-skinned "local gurus" away, sobbing all the while with their tails between their legs
The web really brings out the dark side of the human psyche.
None of this is new or uncommon.
Having said that though, although it's a decent product, I think nTrack has seen it's zenith somewhere in the past.
There are just too many good inexpensive soft-DAW alternatives out there now sporting nifty interfaces and cool features...call it competition if you will.
nTrack has a very dated UI and there hasn't really been what I'd call any significant functionality added in years.
Lastly...and this is a biggy....I see very little if any participation on these nTrack forums by Flavio and I think that creates the illusion of disinterest in and lack of sponsorship/support for the product.

I almost agree with all of that. Except in this case, it seems the "thin skinned" huddle here in their safe little n world.

No offense meant. Just the way I see it. *shrug* (Qualifier: I've been around n-Track since the middle/late 90's...)

There's also nothing wrong with someone whackin' the hive every now and then to stir the lazy bees up. It happens on every forum I participate in and it breathes a little life in when things get DULL. People NEED to keep their wits about them and have a healthy sense of humor.

Lighten up. Life's too short to dance with ugly womerns... yeah, yeah...

:D

UJ
Quote: (Unknown1 @ Oct. 26 2010, 9:35 AM)

call it competition if you will.

Ding!

You had emails from people? Geesh. I had no clue that there was so much at stake. I like the software, and there have been a lot of funny & smart people who have come and gone form here. Too bad. : (

I think I’m going to send you an email so I will be part of the club!
:laugh:

Edit; I should add, there were several moments of exodus, one of which had to do with a religious conflict. Mac ended up over at BIAB forum, IIRC.

I think its interesrting that the regular posters on this forum are split (as far as i can tell) almost 50/50 between those who still use n track & those who have moved on.
And the ones whove moved on plainly seem to know the most. Their also the ones who seem to come here to have a laugh & thats no bad thing is it, it does liven things up
shouldnt we forget brand loyalty & just share the music & the knowledge & have a laugh to

Tina

Quote: (TinaM @ Oct. 26 2010, 2:45 PM)

have a laugh to

Tina

No. All serious. Always.

This guy ‘Unknown hinson’ (i love him) is all over this forum, why? doesnt that seem a little obvious. has any body ever seen what Flavio looks like? it must be him, you cant have a c&w star called flavio can you!

Tina

Nah, just me goofing on ole Unblown.

Tina, I’m hurt. The ones who have moved to other software are the ones that know the most? I guarantee I know more then anyone else here about Thomistic philosophy and it’s relation to 19th century Romanists like Friedrich Carl von Savigny.

Quote: (TinaM @ Oct. 26 2010, 2:45 PM)

shouldnt we forget brand loyalty & just share the music & the knowledge & have a laugh to

Holy Venusian! I thank I'm in LOOOVVE!

Uh... naw... pardon me. It was just gas... :D

Preach it sister!! Amens...

UJ
Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 26 2010, 6:00 PM)

Tina, I'm hurt.
The ones who have moved to other software are the ones that know the most?
I guarantee I know more then anyone else here about Thomistic philosophy and it's relation to 19th century Romanists like Friedrich Carl von Savigny.

Yeah, yeah... You should be shawked Thomas! My own knowledge of Thomistic philosophy and it's relation to 19th century Romanists like Friedrich Carl von Savigny shore helped put meat on the table durin' the lean times when them damn PUNK rockers were takin' over... Hayull... I could just barrley afford party licker in them days...

:D

UJ

I, however, do not know enough to catch my mistakes:
I used “it’s” when it should have been “its.”
Ah, well.

UJ, no doubt this sort of thing is worth the big bucks, but you’re only in the elite if you can construct a path from Savigny to Roberto Unger, without going through Llewellyn or Dewey.

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 26 2010, 7:46 PM)

I, however, do not know enough to catch my mistakes:
I used "it's" when it should have been "its."
Ah, well.

UJ, no doubt this sort of thing is worth the big bucks, but you're only in the elite if you can construct a path from Savigny to Roberto Unger, without going through Llewellyn or Dewey.

:whistle:

UJ

PS What's a few apostrophes (or absence of same) amongst friends? Hmmm... that might make a good Unknown Hinson song! Nah... :D

See, UJ, it was an academic joke, because you can’t get to Unger from Savigny, even through Llewellyn and Dewey!

I crack myself up. :laugh: