The big fight

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 27 2010, 8:45 PM)

I keep getting sidetracked, however.
I have spent too much time in the last few nights playing with this:

http://www.aviary.com/

LOL... I saw the link and thought; "Dang! Tom has done gone ta' keeping birds..."

I like birds. I usually give away several a day. :laugh:

That does look like an interesting diversion...

UJ
Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Oct. 27 2010, 11:08 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 27 2010, 8:45 PM)

I keep getting sidetracked, however.
I have spent too much time in the last few nights playing with this:

http://www.aviary.com/

LOL... I saw the link and thought; "Dang! Tom has done gone ta' keeping birds..."

I like birds. I usually give away several a day. :laugh:

That does look like an interesting diversion...

UJ

Interesting, TomS and All:

One day, by accident this
Bundle of Applications appeared on my browser page desk..
They looked good to me for the Audio and Video Converter Utilities that was in the bundle..
At first go, they seemed to work like a charm.. Then I bought the package and a project came up where I needed an Audio Converter..I used the app only to find that the it didn't behave like it was supposed to do, for the files I needed to convert..
I posted the rendered files and phoo discovered something about the application that caused the file to convert the mp3 to wav file, the way it did..
However, the converter may work perfectly well when used in another instance..

At one time I thought I could benefit by using Drumagog..
Then I discovered that back then I didn't have enough computer resources to use Drumagog the way it would benefit me..
Then I was using P-4/Intel machines with "98Se and XP
and not enough RAM..
and all..

Anyway..

Bill..
Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Oct. 27 2010, 8:36 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 27 2010, 6:59 PM)

I am brilliant.
I just have never had trouble with the program.
But as I said, I also use a couple of others, one being that one that everyone likes that isn't PT.
I also like Orion.
Keep waiting for someone to beat me up about that.

You folks ever notice how the different work flows produce different songs?
That's one of the reasons I use a number of different DAWs - songs come out different in each.
Weird.

Indeed sir. I played around with Fruity Loops Studio for quite a while. Just couldn't get the hang of it. Everything sounded 'techno' or 'mechanical'. At that time, FL's audio recording 'feature' really sucked. Even FL fanatics admitted it. Since most of them seemed to be loop heads, it didn't seem to bother them. I hated it. I bailed...

UJ - not a 'looper'

FL Studio 9 is not your "Grandpappy's Fruity Loops". It's an amazing audio-sequencing app and it's growth/interest rate currently outpaces every other similar app out there right now, including Cubase, Sonar, Pro Tools and Ableton. :)

Yeah, I last tried FL about 4 months ago, when I was trying to figure out what program to use with the middle school kids. FL was great, but I just couldn’t get the hang of it. Reaper and Orion and n-Track I entirely get. So, it was me, not the program. Had the same issue with Reason. Lots of power in there, but it looked like a lot of work on my part to figure it out. I am lazy.

Quote: (Unknown1 @ Oct. 28 2010, 8:51 AM)

FL Studio 9 is not your "Grandpappy's Fruity Loops".
It's an amazing audio-sequencing app and it's growth/interest rate currently outpaces every other similar app out there right now, including Cubase, Sonar, Pro Tools and Ableton.
:)

Mind if borrow this for a while?

Thing is, different strokes for different folks right? FL doesn't do it for me. It might be FABBO for you though. Great! Which brings me back to my post several ticks back. If you use n for tracking audio and basic, REALLY basic editing, you might get by... sorta, almost (add a miracle or three) worry free. HOWEVER... add in all the stuff it CLAIMS it can handle here;

http://ntrack.com/features.php

You know... silly stuff like VST effects, virtual instruments, heavy MIDI use and you have a bug-infested **** heap impossible to get any work done with.

But all you n-Track die-hards are "Ach... well... it's just n's way... I'll burn some more incense and toss an extra goat in the h#ll-hole... maybe it will work..."

WHY? WHY? WHY? You pay the bills here. DEMAND BETTER. Use the only power you have... your WALLET!

UJ

PS By the way Jeremy... (oh wait... he's ignoring me like an idiot second grader) n is 64 Euro. As of today, that's 90 USD (that means United States DOLLARS stupid) and THAT means... farking RIP-OFF! That's TWO Reaper licenses which means you can run it licensed on FOUR computers. Tell me again Jeremy... how is n-Track a "bargain"?

Those pictures are ugly.