The Eagle's Wing

Poem by H. D. Thoreau

The Eagle’s Wing was originally released on my Sweet Spot CD in 2003. However, it was written sometime in the early 80’s. The lyrics are a poem by H. D. Thoreau that I liked a lot. This is a re-mixed version with Jeff Moulds on drums. To listen, go to Click on The Eagle’s Wing.

Many people who have heard my original music say that I remind them of Neil Young. Well this is my “Neil Young” song if I ever had one. When I recorded & mixed it, I went back to the Harvest album and tried to incorporate that sound into the mix, e.g., simple drums backed up by a solid bass, acoustic guitar prevalent in the mix, harmonica, etc.

This was recorded with nTrack 3.3, Layla3G Audio interface, 96/24.

Hey! That sounds like Neil!

I love the sound! In the olden daze I played the harmonica on Neil covers…this takes me back!

I also listened to “Don’t hurt your head”. Neil Young NOT. But very cool song. I liked it alot.

I’m gonna go back and listen to some more of ‘em over the holiday weekend.

Is zat you playin’ slide too?

:)

KF

KF - thanks for listening. Yeah - my tastes actually go beyond NY.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Is zat you playin’ slide too?

Yes - slide on both songs actually.

I’ll be releasing my “Best of” collection very soon. You’re welcome to get a copy when it’s done.

Hi Mike,

I must be dumb (no need to comment :) ), I can access the site and open the player, but don’t get any sound :(

Ian

Quote (Bruffie @ Sep. 03 2006,03:50)
Hi Mike,

I must be dumb (no need to comment :) ), I can access the site and open the player, but don't get any sound :(

Ian

Eyup!

You must have clicked on the alternative silent version :laugh:

Very nice Mike.

Steve