The Half Time Show

What did you think of the Stones?

Please vote only if you saw their performance on the super bowl half time show…

Sloppy Seconds Anyone?

Playing was sloppy and the sound mix was horrible. Where’s McCartney when ya need 'im. Seeing Janet’s teet would’ve been better than this. ???

Footnote, I couldn’t have done any better tho. So what the heck.

Quote (YazMiester @ Feb. 06 2006,05:40)
Footnote, I couldn't have done any better tho. So what the heck.

I don't know Yaz.... I have quite a few first year students that could have done at least as well...

I think it came off pretty good… There was no pre-audio to cover things up… What they did is what you heard… What amazed me was, they appeared on the set “On-Time” and did their Thing with-in seconds of what they were there… TO-DO… They were not there to do their show on their time… They did their show on Super Bowl’s Time… So… in that regard… the Sound is Hit-or-Miss…

Anyone who watched American Idol last week… Did you hear What’is name? Say? He told the girl that she didn’t sing one note in Tune… And, even the outta tune notes she sang… were outta Tune… (FUNNY)… hehe… Then the KID got mad at him and stomped out of the room… She got real ugly… Whatta Way-to-Go… I felt bad for here… But whatta ya… do??

When they did their Show in Moncton NB Magnetic Hill, in the summer, they were over 40 mins. late appearing on the stage… That wouldn’t be acceptable on SuperBowl’s Time…

And… There was no Skin to be seen… Not that I saw… That’s a Face-Saver for the SuperBowl Productions…

Bill…

pretty awful…but then, if I had been playing “satisfaction” for 40 some years, I would probably be pretty bored with it too…

Everything seemed good and competent except for Keith and Ronnie.
So, just the same as ever I guess…the sloppiest band in the world, proving once again that they can get away with it.

richard and wood ?? are you kidding me…everyone has seen a gazillion bands that are 100 times better…

…and once again, have to copy everything the beatles do (last years half time show)…

They were decent. I don’t really know or care too much about the Rolling Stones, but as far as I can tell they’ve never really been the tightest band in the world. It’s really not their style. So for them, it was pretty decent - especially considering that most Super Bowl performances suck anyway.

I still say Keef died years ago. He’s just too wasted to realize it and fall over…

D

Quote (Former Member Gone @ Feb. 06 2006,15:30)
They were decent. I don't really know or care too much about the Rolling Stones, but as far as I can tell they've never really been the tightest band in the world. It's really not their style. So for them, it was pretty decent - especially considering that most Super Bowl performances suck anyway.

I care even less about the Super Bowl... Twas too busy recording drum tracks. :p

Oh there was a football game too, ok, didn’t realize that, just tuned in to see the comercials (since that was about all they showed) and ‘The Stones’. How old is Mick? How can ya jump around at his age and not be in traction the next day? :p

It seems like 50% of you believe the Stones should stop performing. Maybe retire?

It’s funny that Jerome Bettis knows when to get out of the game and yet the Stones remain clueless… Maybe they should just get some satisfaction and move on…

I agree Doc, it’s one thing to come back and do maybe a reunion tour if the band was great at one time. Kinda fun to see old farts trying to rock again at hall of fame inductions. But the Stones are a complete embaressment to me.

But then again maybe when they signed that contract with Lucifer it had an age clause! :D

Seriously, for a halftime show performance it really wasn’t that bad. Better than like… Ashlee Simpson or something.

Quote (Former Member Gone @ Feb. 14 2006,20:57)
Seriously, for a halftime show performance it really wasn't that bad. Better than like... Ashlee Simpson or something.

Wow Jason, that's not saying much...

Kind of like saying, "It was better than gettin' herpes". :p

Sorry!! Just can’t take them seriously anymore.
It’s not an age thing. More "how to grow old in music and maintain an air of integrity?"
Clapton seems to manage it (although he’s far from my favourite guitar player). Mark Knopfler and Dave Gilmour seem to manage it ( both close to my favourite). Ian Anderson manages it…
I’m not sure how to define it, but it’s knowing what you should do at that age and what you shouldn’t.
For me, I just cannot bear to watch The Stones now…Give up guys…pleeeeze!!

Hmmmm! Just seen my Avatar…
Maybe I should follow my own advice :D

Quote (DrGuitar @ Feb. 14 2006,23:38)
It was better than gettin' herpes

Hahahaha. I'm going to start comparing everything to getting herpes...