The Liberal Plantation ? They're at it again

The last time Dems wanted to secede …

These Liberal cartoons speak for themselves …

“Brown Shuga”

" I knows nuthin’ "

New York Daily News - http://www.nydailynews.com
W, by ignoring race,
makes racial history

Wednesday, November 17th, 2004

Think Nixon going to China. It was historic because it confounded conventional wisdom - and thus soared above suspicion. A staunch anti-Red, Richard Nixon had the nation’s support for his bold visit 30 years ago because no one doubted his resolve or sincerity of purpose.

So it is with President Bush and diversity. Against expectation, and without divisive debates over affirmative action and quotas, he has built an extraordinary record of minority appointments to his inner circle. He did it by sneaking them in the front door while everybody was watching.

Condoleezza Rice’s nomination yesterday to be secretary of state is the latest and most dramatic example. That she would be the first black woman to hold the post - and that she would succeed Colin Powell, the first black man - is a groundbreaking moment in American racial history. Our original sinners would be shocked.

But we’re not, and that, too, takes the breath away. America clearly is ready for a black official to be our representative to the world. And both Powell and Rice are so obviously qualified that it’s as though race is not a factor for or against them.

Am I alone in thinking this is absolutely wonderful? That black people can now occupy some of the highest, most powerful offices in America - and nobody says boo about how they got there?

If anybody harbored doubts about Rice’s ability, Bush’s touchingly eloquent announcement should have put them to rest. He lauded Rice’s “commitment to excellence” - a code-worded vow that standards have not been lowered - and said how proud her deceased parents would be. The tears that ever so briefly filled her eyes surely reflected the memories of how far she has come from segregated Alabama.

Limousine-liberal Democrats and their media poodles, many of whom send their children to near-segregated private schools, have basically ignored the racial triumphs Powell and Rice embody.

Just as they have barely noted that Rod Paige, the departing secretary of education, is the first black to hold that job. Or that Ann Veneman, the departing secretary of agriculture, is the first woman to hold that job. Or that Alberto Gonzales, if confirmed, will be the first Hispanic attorney general. Or that Bush has an Arab-American and two Asian-Americans in his cabinet.

Had a Democratic President made those appointments, the celebratory coverage would invoke Harry Truman’s integrating the armed forces or Robert Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson’s battle for civil rights.

Talk about your double standards.

No matter. Bush isn’t looking for applause. And my guess is that his trailblazing days are not finished.

Given William Rehnquist’s failing health, Bush likely will get to nominate an associate justice and a chief justice of the Supreme Court. There has been talk that Clarence Thomas might get the top job.

A more likely scenario is that whoever Bush adds to the panel, he would elevate Sandra Day O’Connor to chief justice. She is the one true swing vote on the court and thus the perfect leader to guide its deliberations and jawbone for consensus.

Did I mention she would be the first woman to hold the job?

The last time Democrats wanted to secede, it was to own black people …

Let’s see if the Liberal Media, NAALCP, or NAG address this … yea right.

ABG :cool:

-

Get your facts straight Ali - they were Rupublicans back when they wanted to secede & own slaves.

The rest of your post is utter crap - stuff taken right from Rush et al.

Quote (MidnightToker @ Nov. 17 2004,19:23)
Get your facts straight Ali - they were Rupublicans back when they wanted to secede & own slaves.

The rest of your post is utter crap - stuff taken right from Rush et al.

Liberalism ..... The gift that just keeps giving !!!

ABG :cool:
--

Conservatism: BORROW LIMIT $8,180,000,000,000.00.

Quote (MidnightToker @ Nov. 18 2004,10:53)

Hey, my platinum Musician's Friend card doesn't go that high!

Good thinig, too.
:)

It’s good to see some things haven’t changed !!!
I guess the Libs will ignore this too ?

I Think it’s called ‘selective indignation’ …
or maybe it’s just called Liberalism

Radio Host Calls Rice ‘Aunt Jemima’

Fri Nov 19,12:33 AM ET

JAMES A. CARLSON, Associated Press Writer

MILWAUKEE - A radio talk show host drew criticism Thursday after calling Condoleezza Rice an “Aunt Jemima” and saying she isn’t competent to be secretary of state.
John Sylvester, the program director and morning personality on WTDY-AM in Madison, said in a phone interview Thursday that he used the term on Wednesday’s show to describe Rice and other blacks as having only a subservient role in the Bush administration.

Rice has served as President Bush’s national security adviser and was named this week to replace the departing Colin Powell as secretary of state.

Sylvester, who is white, also referred to Powell as an “Uncle Tom” — a contemptuous term for a black whose behavior toward whites is regarded as fawning or servile.

He said Thursday night that he was referring to remarks by singer and civil rights activist Harry Belafonte that the price of admittance for blacks to the Bush White House was subservience.

As for Rice, “they’re using her for an illusion of inclusion,” he said, adding that he feels her history as national security adviser showed a lack of competence.

Madison Mayor Dave Cieslewicz called the remarks “racially insensitive,” while Sen. Russ Feingold (news, bio, voting record), D-Wis., said in a statement he joined “all Wisconsinites in rejecting” the statements.

Linda Hoskins of the NAACP’s Madison branch said she could not comment on Sylvester’s remarks until she had heard them in their entirety.

( We’ll be waiting :laugh:

… she’s probably still busy looking for that long list of disenfranchised black voters they kept talking about )

The station’s corporate office received about 100 calls about his comments, Sylvester said.

He added that he has a long history of commitment to civil rights and has supported Madison’s black community.

He said he was planning a giveaway on Friday’s show of Aunt Jemima pancake mix and syrup. “I will apologize to Aunt Jemima,” he said.

The incident came after a radio host in Milwaukee had his talk show taken off the air all of last week after he used word “wetback” to refer to undocumented Mexican immigrants, sparking protests from Hispanics.

Quote (MidnightToker @ Nov. 18 2004,10:53)

Quote (TomS @ Nov. 18 2004,12:10)

Hey, my platinum Musician’s Friend card doesn’t go that high!

Good thinig, too.
:)

Our two best ‘Artful Dodgers’ … :laugh:
… and we’re darn proud of them !!!

-

http://www.therant.us/staff/parks/doh_make_massah_mad.htm

Pete - that article was sick. “Liberals” don’t feel or say any of the things that Bob Parks says they say. Political cartoonists make fun of people all the time. And if he wants to blame Hollywood for everything, that’s his problem.

He’s got his facts wrong about the Civil Rights Act too.

Mike

PS - I looked at that Rant web site alittle more. God - what a terrrible, hateful bunch of writers that contribute to it! There’s as much spin & crap there as O’Reilly does. It’s not wonder that liberals are rising up again & organizing - to combat sh*t like that.

Quote (MidnightToker @ Nov. 19 2004,14:35)

It's not wonder that liberals are rising up again & organizing - to combat sh*t like that.

No Mike, they're afraid of losing power .... that's why.

Quote (MidnightToker @ Nov. 19 2004,14:35)
"Liberals" don't feel or say any of the things that Bob Parks says they say.

Bleeding heart white liberal racists

By John N. Doggett

I will never forget the first time I felt comfortable with my decision to become a Republican. It was just before the 1990 Texas elections. My wife and I were leaving an Austin fund-raising "wake" for Clayton Williams, the Republican nominee for governor of Texas. "Claytie" was a bright businessman with big ears, a wide smile, a quick wit, tremendous wealth ... and not a lick of political sense at all.

Claytie started his campaign with a sizable lead over Ann Richards, a former school teacher who represented the left wing of the Texas Democrat Party. By that sad night, his mouth had clearly opened once too many. Somehow, Claytie had managed to spend $8 million of his own dollars to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

As my wife and I walked past camera crews waiting for candidate Williams, a young white couple shouted "what are you minorities doing supporting a Republican? What have these people done for your people?"

The arrogance of these white, liberal racists stunned my wife and me. I quickly responded that "I am not a minority. I am an American and I can support whomever I want. You know, I left the Democrat Party because of racists like you who can only see a black face and not an American citizen."

The male said: "You are not an American, you are a minority." I got right up into his face and said, "I am not a minority. That is a word that white liberals created that I reject." He yelled back, "Oh yes you are a minority, there are more of us than there are of you." I told him that "you are so wrong. There is only one of me and only one of you. Anyway, there are many more people of color in this world than whites. I am an American and you can't define me."

At that point, I was ready to send him straight to ####, but my wife grabbed my arm and pulled me away. As we walked away, white Republicans who had witnessed this "discussion" looked back at the camera crew in shock. For the first time, they saw the power and fury of white liberal racism. For the first time, they saw how white liberals try to act like plantation owners. For the first time, they saw why most Americans of color cannot stand bleeding heart white liberals.

Before that confrontation, I had been struggling with the tension between my conservative beliefs and my feeling that Republicanism equaled southern racism. That encounter in 1990 erased any doubt I had about the wisdom of my conversion. From then on, I was committed to the destruction of bleeding heart liberalism, wherever its slimy head appeared.

When I started my career as a legal services attorney in 1972, I thought that liberals really cared about the poor, the oppressed and people of color. Twenty-six years later, I have learned that while some have good intentions, many liberals are closet racists. They claim to be "sensitive, progressive and concerned," while in reality far too many of them truly do not believe that blacks or Latinos are as smart as they are. In fact, their liberal orthodoxy cannot exist in a world where blacks and Latinos no longer "need" their help.

Strong people of color threaten bleeding heart white liberals.
This tension has existed since the days of the abolition movement. In the 19th century, Frederick Douglass had to fight his white "brothers" so that he, an ex-slave, could speak out against slavery at abolition meetings. The history of white liberalism is a history of their refusal to respect Americans of color who defied white liberal orthodoxy. We saw it most recently when white feminists refused to acknowledge the significant contributions of black women in the fight for suffrage.

One of the most egregious examples of white, liberal racism occurred in Texas in 1996. White liberals who controlled the Democrat Party of Texas did everything they could to deny Victor Morales sufficient funds to wage an effective campaign against Republican Sen. Phil Gramm.

Many Democrats told me that the leaders of the Democrat Party of Texas decided that they would rather concede a Senate seat to the GOP than to help a Hispanic become the most powerful Democrat in Texas. The reason was simple. In many counties in South Texas where 80-95 percent of the residents are Latinos, white Democrats control the political machinery. The fear was that if Victor Morales won or at least ran a strong race, he would empower Latinos all over South Texas to throw off the yoke of their white liberal Democrat plantation owners. That simply wouldn't do.

Bleeding heart white liberals give lip service to the ideal of intellectual equality. When you scratch them, you find insecure people who need to "know" that blacks and Latinos cannot compete with them on an equal footing. It is not surprising, therefore, that bleeding heart liberals are the loudest supporters of "separate but lower" affirmative action admission standards. They like race-based affirmative action programs because they reinforce their belief that whites are the master race.

Bleeding heart white liberals argue that we must integrate schools so that their children will have access to a "diverse" classroom. What do they mean by this word "diversity?" Do they mean that they want their little children to know what it means to compete with and lose to brighter black and Latino children? Does it mean that they want their children to learn that most people of color are conservative or moderate?

No, for most bleeding heart white liberals, "diversity" means that they want to bus black and Latino children across town like zoo animals so their children can get a head start on "relating" to their future employees. It is not surprising, therefore, that black and Latino parents are at the forefront of efforts to end busing and expand school vouchers. They know that white liberals don't care about the education of their children.

Americans of color are still amazed at Bill and Hillary Clinton's refusal to fight for Lani Guinier, a "close friend" and former Yale Law School classmate. Bill planned to nominate Lani as his assistant attorney general for Civil Rights. However, when conservatives labeled Lani the "quota queen," Bill refused to send forward her nomination. He claimed that he had not realized how "radical" Lani's positions were.

I have known Lani Guinier for decades. She is a thoughtful, decent, brilliant woman. While I do not agree with all of her positions, Lani deserved the right to defend her beliefs before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Bill Clinton claimed that he hadn't read Lani's writings and didn't know what Lani thought. That was an outright lie.

Bill, Hillary, Lani and I were all classmates at Yale. Bill and Hillary stayed in touch with Lani after graduation and even attended Lani's wedding. When it was time for Clinton to stand firm with his "colored" friend, however, he left her hanging in the wind.

To this day, black Democrats ask me how Clinton could fight for a crook like Webster Hubble and not stand by Lani Guinier. To this day, black Democrats ask me how Bill Clinton could abandon a black woman who was his friend when George Bush stood tall for Clarence Thomas, a man Bush didn't even know. To this day, black Democrats ask me why Bill Clinton has only white males in his inner circle when George Bush had black men in charge of the military and White House relations with Congress.

I tell them that Clinton's betrayal of Lani Guinier is further evidence that bleeding heart white liberals do not respect people of color. I tell them that bleeding heart white liberals are parasites whose economic survival demands the continuation of oppression, racism and poverty. I tell them that they will never be free until they reject the oppressive yoke of bleeding heart white liberal racists. Unless, of course, they like what they see in Appalachia.

John Doggett is a business school professor, management consultant and lawyer who lives in Austin, Texas. In 1998, Talkers Magazine selected John as one of the 100 Most Influential Radio Talk Show Hosts in America . In 1997, Headway Magazine selected John as one of the 20 Most Influential Black Conservatives in America.

AbG :cool:

" Strong people of color threaten bleeding heart white liberals" - JD

--

You missed the whole point of the joke – that’s not Condi Rice – That’s Michael Jackson. Didn’t she (he) go into for more surgery today?

Mike, the generalities will get you exactly where they got you. Going back to the site and proclaiming it all junk because of something else there you don’t like is the kind of logic that 51% of the population - and growing - is turning away from.

I would have loved to post Ann Coulter’s column about this issue, but you wouldn’t have even read her, would you? “Forty Promises And A Mule” can still be Googled.

Impress the #### out of me and tell me what the title means.

Sick? A man of African descent wrote it about what he sees. A white man thinks it is sick… AFTER looking at the absolute vile racist crap that has been spewed everywhere this past week - and that the Major Media was conspicuously silent about it.

Imagine just for a moment if ANYBODY on the othe side of the fence had uttered anything CLOSE to what any of these mainstream cartoonists slapped Dr. Rice with this week.

Sick? Yeah… it’s sick.

Quote (Ali bin Gali @ Nov. 19 2004,12:23)
Radio Host Calls Rice 'Aunt Jemima'

Linda Hoskins of the NAACP's Madison branch said she could not comment
on Sylvester's remarks until she had heard them in their entirety.

Linda Hoskins, We're still waiting .....

"The arrogance of these white, liberal racists stunned my wife and me. I quickly responded that "I am not a minority. I am an American and I can support whomever I want. You know, I left the Democrat Party because of racists like you who can only see a black face and not an American citizen." - John N. Doggett

Pete - that web site is an example of the right-wing spin machine. Ann Coulter is a hate-monger IMO. It’s people like her (& Rush) that lie & make up stuff that are causing this country to be so divided. I contradict Bob Parks not because he’s black but because he’s WRONG.

Listen the right-wing spin machine has made an concerted effort to demonize liberals, lawyers, Democrats, “blue states”, etc., for the last 20 years & they’ve WON. They’ve made people like you & millions of others feel like victims. They’ve been successful doing it. And now the Republicans are in charge. No liberals have any real power anymore, yet the smear & spin continue.

Stop blaming us for things because we haven’t been in charge for at least 4 years and really longer.

Mike

PS - if I had time, I could easily refute most everything on that web site but I don’t have time to waste like that.

Wrong about what? Did he make up those cartoons? Did he misquote anybody? Where is he wrong, Mike?

This is reality that cannot be ignored by anybody with his eyes open. This shit was PUBLISHED and is being shouted from the housetops, man! Can’t you hear it? Can’t you see it? What cites in that article are wrong? Where are the lies? It is all being done in YOUR name, as a Democrat! You accept this? You condone it?

The evidence is evident. And your easy dismissal of the sources is clear evidence of your inability to deal with the reality underlying where these OBSERVATIONS are coming from.

Keep your blinders right where they are. I’d hate to see you wake up or anything.

Wrong about what? Did he make up those cartoons? Did he misquote anybody? Where is he wrong,
Parks is wrong because the cartoon is not a racial slur. Park's wants you to believe that but it's not. Parks played the racial card because it's easy to play. The cartoonist was trying to make a point, a valid one to raise I might add.

Sure, he protrayed Rice in a way that is unflattering, just like all cartoonists protray politicians. In what politically correct way, could the cartoonist have portrayed Rice that would have been acceptable to Partks?

Parks over-reacted to it. Park's is venting hatred that's outside the scope of his article. It's hard to tell exactly what his point is for me?

I don't condone rascism but I don't see any here. No Democrat I know condones rascism. Do you know any that do?

Where's the evidence that this cartoonist was some liberal by the way?

No Pete - I maintain it's you that needs to wake up my friend.

Mike

Everyone around here seems to like facts. Well are are some for ya’:

VOTE BY RACE (2004):

White: (77%) Bush: 58%, Kerry: 41%
African-American (11%) - Bush: 11%, Kerry - 88%
Latino: (8%) Bush: 44%, Kerry: 53%
Asian (2%) Bush: 44%, Kerry: 56%

I guess the 88% of African-Americans who voted for Kerry are just dumb nggrs (I cringe & apologize for using this word but Bob Parks used it so it’s in his context that I use it). Also, I guess the Latino’s & Asians are just as dumb.

I guess the African-Americans, Latino’s & Asians are just too dumb to see through the liberal media.

No - Bob Parks is just another right-wing hit man (like all the rest on the that Rant site, Ann Coulter, Rush, O’Reilly & the whole lot of them).

Mike

PS - I don’t read anything by Ann Coulter because I think she is a nut & her writing is trash!!!

WASHINGTON, DC – The Independent Women’s Forum today denounced as blatantly racist several editorial cartoons featuring Dr. Condoleezza Rice, National Security Advisor and President Bush’s nominee for Secretary of State. These cartoons clearly draw upon centuries of deep-rooted, wicked and indefensible portrayals of black women.

“The depiction of Dr. Condoleezza Rice by Jeff Danziger, Pat Oliphant and Garry Trudeau as an ebonics speaking, big-lipped, black mammy who just loves her ‘massa’ is a disturbing trend in editorial cartoons,” said Michelle D. Bernard, senior vice president of the Independent Women’s Forum. “These cartoons take the racism of the liberals who profess respect and adoration for black Americans to a new level. It is revolting.”

"She is a representation of America’s past and future all at once. One must ask where is the outrage of the nation’s civil rights leadership, feminist organizations, and the so-called liberals who only seem to embrace black America in election years?"

AbG :cool:

It’s interesting how some will not condemn racism as long as it fits their aganda …

-

I agree that Jeff Danziger’s editorial cartoons was over-the-top & had racist overtones but the other two did not! In fact, Oliphant and Trudeau’s were right on the mark IMO.

There’s no way to be critical of Rice w/o the right-wing spin machine using the race & the sex card. The press did not attack Collin Powell when he was nominated for SofS. Why? Because Powell was qualified & was not a “yes” man. He stold up to Bush et al., and look where it got him. He made a fool of himself presented the Iraq WMD story to the UN, and all because he was a loyal soldier. It’s too bad - Powell could have become President if he had wanted to.

Satire is tricky, and is often misunderstood. Trudeau attributes the “brown sugar” attitude to Bush. That seems more like he’s saying that Bush is using Rice’s race somehow for political benefit. Again, Bush is depicted as the one who is treating Rice as a pet in the Oliphant cartoon, and to make the cartoon work some pictorial device was needed to represent Rice. The one chosen - large lips - strikes me as racist stereotyping. The Danzinger cartoon strike sme as racist - I don’t see how the satire requires the stereotype, nor how the stereotype could be intended to reflect the attitudes of Bush.

There you go, Ali BG. :)

HOWEVER - there have been many claims over the years that liberals and progressives have misunderstood the nature of racism (and sexism - don’t forget, those cartoons are just as easily treated as sexist) - just think of the argument in bell hooks’ book Ain’t I a Woman.

Nonetheless, when a Democratic president saw the civil rights act through congress, he knew he was giving the south to republicans - and he did…now why is that, if not because of the close link between racism and Republican policies?

Mike’s right, facts are facts, white liberals may still have racist attitudes - goodness knows I grew up with them - but a failure to understand all of the dimensions of racism (or sexism) on the part of soemone trying to solve those problems is a lot more forgivable than policies that explicitly draw for support on racist and sexist attitudes. Who was it who sought to discourage the Black vote in Detroit, Cleveland, Florida? the hispanic vote? Who is it that has been the greatest foes of affirmative action, or any policy designed to level the playing field and address institutional racism? No amount of conservative republican falisfication can change the obvious fact that Bush’s polices are socailly regressive. If a person wants to stick his or her head in the sand and ignore this sort of thing, well, you can’t reason with the person who denies that the king has no clothes. :)