The lord of song!

He hears our prayers…

A beautiful thing happened to me yesterday, we were at our new church, I was preying that I would find the confidence to talk to people there, it was a little awkward knowing what to say to who, I have been finding it a little hard to settle in, I want to do the alpha course and make some friends but believe it or not, I feel very small in social situations like that.

We have been going there for about 8 weeks now and I had not yet really felt god’s ‘presence’ there and I needed some reassurance,
so I preyed for his help and presence.

As I preyed the rest of the congregation was also preying and I started to sing “my Jesus, My saviour” in my prayers. As I came to the end of the verse, to my amazement the band started playing and the whole congregation joined in with he chorus, they started to sing at the exact point of the song that I had gotten to in my head (skipping the verse completely) and as we sang " shout to the lord" I was overwhelmed and found myself sobbing in Rob’s arms.

God is good! :)

Ange x

:agree: :agree:

D

Amen, Amen, Amen.
:love:

wow. people don’t do that with me at church and i’m a worship leader. sounds like someone’s getting replaced…

How many worship leaders does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One - they lift their hands and the world revolves around them.

:laugh:

Got that one from my last worship leader seminar.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Quote: (ange @ Jan. 12 2009, 2:25 PM)

God is good!
:)

Yep.
Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Jan. 12 2009, 4:54 PM)

wow.
people don't do that with me at church and i'm a worship leader.

LOL. I know that one too. :-)

Hmmmmm?

Quote:

God is good! :)

I'm in total agreement. :agree:

Actually God is one “o” short of good.

God is Great! :)

Quote: (Zay @ Jan. 13 2009, 4:42 AM)

Actually God is one "o" short of good.

God is Great! :)

and he's got one heck of a light show,, :love:

Had a kind of funny coincidence involving church music last week. Prior to the 9:00 AM (first) service I was standing in the parking lot when our guitarist pulled in. He got out of his car and started telling me that he’d made the best time ever getting there, all the lights cooperated and everything and wasn’t it amazing when things worked right, etc. Just something in what he said triggered this and I started singing “It Is No Secret What God Can Do” - just goofing around.

We go in and set-up and during the sermon the minister not only mentions that song but relates the story of how it was written.

I had no idea she was going to talk about that song - it just popped into my head. The whole thing gave me a chill.

I just couldn’t let this experience pass me without writing about it…

I wrote this today and i know that the harmonies are all outta time, vocals slightly mucky and quality is pants but i still think some of you may like it.

I’d love one of poppa’s backing track put to it , hint hint, wink wink poppa!

Anyhoo…this is what i got so far…

you answer…

Ange x

I don’t even have to listen to it to say yes… I’m a sucker for pretty gals with English accents that write songs and sing and play guitar that are named Ange.

I’ll go listen now.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 14 2009, 3:46 PM)

I don't even have to listen to it to say yes.... I'm a sucker for pretty gals with English accents that write songs and sing and play guitar that are named Ange.

I'll go listen now.

I'm looking forward to hearing this, it's a lovely song.

Ange - I replied over at the "other place" - IMO the mic'd guitar on 0509 is very nice and to my ears sounds better than having it recorded from the onboard pickup. You do good stuff with cheap gear. It just goes to show eh...
Quote:

you answer...

Beautiful.