the much ballyhooed beer thread

¡cerveza!

yeah i drank plenty of shiner bock back in the service in Texas, which is where I first started drinking (right before turning 21; yeah, i’m a dork). now it’s sam adams, or my favorite local micro’s hefeweitzen (“widmer brothers”). not much for hard alcohol besides rum ‘n’ coke. (i’ll partake guiness on occasion, if i’m really hungry ??? ???
what’s everyone else’s drink of choice?
cheers!

rollin’rock? I’m not a big drinker ether. Down around Austin they shut the liquor stores at 9pm. Mon-Sat. I remember many Sundays when I would say to myself; “damn forgot the booze again!”.
I drink so little I forget to pick it up really. But I like a shot of jack as often as I remember to have one. :laugh: Every now and then I’ll have a tablespoon full just for medicinal purposes. :laugh:
Can’t beat a cold beer with a nice steak dinner! Cheers!
A boilermaker makes a great buzz.

Michelob Ultra.

2 is my limit!

Beer is great for the brain, it made Bud wiser! :laugh:

Much, bally and hoo.

Don’t drink beer. Never could get past the smell. I always thought “If it smells that bad, it can’t taste good.” :)

A glass of red wine an hour or two before bed is about it for me. Helps the stomach, the heart, etc… I have almost zero stomach problems since I started this regimen on the recommendation of a micro-biologist friend. :agree:

D

Beer: A nearly perfect buzz and belch delivery system.

Quote:

Never could get past the smell. I always thought "If it smells that bad, it can't taste good."

i always found that to be almost the opposite - beer, bleu cheese, cornnuts....
Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Nov. 14 2008, 9:32 AM)

Quote:

Never could get past the smell. I always thought "If it smells that bad, it can't taste good."

i always found that to be almost the opposite - beer, bleu cheese, cornnuts....

*sigh*

I'm afraid I inherited my sense of smell from my dad. The man could smell a tomato being cut in the kitchen from OUTSIDE the house... I always told him he was part Beagle...

I'm not that bad. I eat and enjoy a lot of foods that he wouldn't even allow in his house because of the Beagle nose.

D

Don’t really have a favorite beer. I have a couple of Yuenglings (don’t even know how to pronounce it) left in the fridge from a six pack I bought a couple weeks ago.