The new n-tract 6

new verses the old

So I upgraded to the version n-track 5, but I didn’t like it at all, I never used it, so I went back to version 4. So before I upgrade to version 6, can anybody tell me the benefits of upgrading? Are there any sound engine upgrades? Ease of use, well the version 4 is so user friendly, I’m sure there are no improvements. So basically does it sound better?

Thanks

Guy :D

SOund better? I dunno, but the net thing is gone, and there are a lot of other cool things.

???
Well been away for awhile, and thanks for that. So I assume you are using V-6. And you like it?

:whistle:

I think the answer depends on why you didn’t like V5 and thought V4 was acceptable. There have been very few changes in the UI since V4 came out. What were the things you didn’t like in V5 that weren’t issues in V4?

Quote: (fizer @ Oct. 25 2008, 12:54 PM)

???
Well been away for awhile, and thanks for that. So I assume you are using V-6. And you like it?

:whistle:

Yes - load time is faster, the net thing gave my machine the heebeejeebees, and there are a whole lot of new useful features - go look at the what's new list.

Truth be told, I have no idea if Mr. A. changed the basic sound engine, but I have been getting better sounding recordings. I think it's me, however. They're just less sucky.

As far as sound, all DAWs should sound identical all things being equal. N running 64 bit internally now is on par with the rest of the universe, so it is as high a quality as anything else in that regard. As for the UI, go download the demo and see if you like it.

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 25 2008, 9:19 PM)

I think it's me, however.
They're just less sucky.

Your snare's sound has improved 400% from a couple years ago! :)

I ran 6.0.1 (I think that's right) this weekend for a little while with no problems or hic-ups. :agree:

No midi but threw a lot of effects at 25 audio tracks with no problems.
Quote: (Yaz @ Oct. 27 2008, 5:18 AM)

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 25 2008, 9:19 PM)

I think it's me, however.
They're just less sucky.

Your snare's sound has improved 400% from a couple years ago! :)

Ah, well, now, thanks Yaz! I agree, actually! :)

Nah… you need to run your snare mic through a Boss Metal Zone with the gain dimed…

D

PS Yes. I am joking. :p