The Promise I Make

Sitting here in front of a pair of JBL 4311 studio monitors and that shaker is driving me nuts!

Maybe it’s just me.

Vocals sound a little better, you may have to do an EQ sweep on 'em.

I’ve been mixing all morning and everything I’ve done sounds like warmed over geese farts, so I don’t know why I’m giving advice on mixing, pay me no mind! ???

yea the shaker needs an eq and or volume change. He may be pushing it to hear it on headphones - I dunno.
Ask him for a track without it.

Craig you’re mixing with Cans?

Is this a real, mic’d up shaker? Or a “virtual” one? My boy has one of those HARD plastic shelled shakers that sounds like plain gravel in a cement truck no matter what you do to it. Maybe experiment with beans in a box or BB’s in a soft plastic container or something. Lot’s of nice variations to be had on the cheap. Even a packet of salt close mic’d. Just don’t hit the mic! THUMP :laugh:

If it’s virtual, try tweaking the velocities to see what happens. Soften it a bit…

D.D.D. III

EDIT: Remember the little plastic cans 35mm film comes in? Okra seeds in one of those sounds pretty cool…

Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Feb. 02 2009, 11:20 AM)

EDIT: Remember the little plastic cans 35mm film comes in? Okra seeds in one of those sounds pretty cool...

Those work great D!

Heh… Okra seeds…

I had a big mason jar full of palladuim coated aluminum oxide pellets sitting on my desk for a while. We use it as a catalyst in one of our processes here. A guy came in said “What you doing with all that Okra seed? Plantin’ a garden?” I said, "Tell you what. You go and plant some of this and if anything sprouts, we could both be rich!"

Palladium == BIG $$$$

D.D.D. III

my EZDrummer has some nice shakers in it - if ya need em they’re yours craig.

Thanks chaps.

It’s a real shaker, but yes I’m mixing on the phones…always do…I ain’t got no posh speakers…

Well mixing in headphones ain’t easy, but you’ve done a better job than I can with h-phones. :agree:

Zay/Yaz’s mix here:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7297134

Cheers Rich!

Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Feb. 01 2009, 5:24 PM)

Great stuff!

Craig, if I had your voice, I'd be makin' money with it... :agree:

D

1. Print it!
2. Dupe it!
3. Ship it!
4. Buy island in Fiji and invite us all down to jam... :agree:

D

PS Yeah, I'm repeating myself up there... but to make the point, it bears repeating.

absofreekin, lutely.

Craig says he needs a better mic (a little eqing fixed the mic), his vocals are awsum.
I got to listen to the raw files and all I can say is

Craig’s singing :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Hey Spreadie.

Sorry i’ve been so slack in getting to listen to this song, I’ve been a little down.

This is a really pretty little ditty, It made me smile and really cheered me up, I love the whistling, It gives the feeling that you do not have a care in the world and everything is gonna be just fine, what a great feeling song.
You really are a very talented writer, and you have a very strong ‘Spreadie-style’ going on that really makes your music special.

Good work hun.
:agree:

Ange x

Many thanks all for the kind words! Especially Rich for doing the mix!

Ange…thanks for that…and chin up! You of all people have got the WORLD at your feet!
:agree:
Glad I cheered you up a little.

Craig

You’re most welcome on the mix Craig! :)

I see you and Ange are SC critics now! :)

Not really a critic…just upping the old profile a bit… :laugh:

Sorry I’m late, loved this tune, brilliant feel and bounce to it, just heard it now so I can’t compare it to any earlier mixes, nice job Yaz too, but I see he is a former member again???

Anyway, great tune, may I say Beatlesque? Is Sir Paul listening? :agree:

? ? ? :laugh:

Bruffie mentioned me to mix some vocs for him - but from what I hear Yaz can beat me hands down, or feet down, butt down, elbows…