The "New" N-Track Drums

Any experts out there yet?

I did the upgrade thing last night, got the drums up (nice look), got it going with a midi file. Interesting thing I discovered, all the midi file I used was a closed hi-hat click track, and I got this myriad of drum sounds goin’ on. All I had to do was change the style of drums I wanted, and there it was.

I wasn’t too impressed with the snare sound in the “Rock” kit; but the toms were kickin’!

I’m still tyring to figure out how to get HammerHead to work as a plugin (if that’s possible).

Watta y’all think?

Hi jsmyers24151:
You may be ahead of us all… Well, me… to-be-sure… Mark A was working on this… I was gonna jump in but I haven’t spent very much time exploring yet…

If ya don’t Jump In ya don’t get yer feet wet… :O :laugh:

IT could also be… there ain’t a lot of us that has v4.2.0 installed yet…

Bill…

I thought hammerhead was just stand alone, but that it used wav samples, so you could use their snare, if you really like it, in whatever drum sequencer you have.

Hi Again:
Are those HammerHead samples available for download?

Bill…

Here:

http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/

You can download the Hammerhead drum samples from the Hammerhead web site. They don’t appear to be standard wave files, and are in something called .HUB files. There are at least three acoustic drum sets, bongos, tablas, Linn drums and a few other sets of other samples in .HUB files. Some of the drums sound pretty good to me, but I think that they are 16 bit files. Hammerhead will let you stream its output to disk, so one way of getting a drum beat into n-track is to write sections of your drum track in Hammerhead, stream Hammerheads output onto disk as wave files (also as 16 bit files), and then import the wave files into n-track to reassemble or chop up.

I see that drum VST supports LM 4 drum banks, and I’m pretty sure you can get a whack of em off KVR

I’ve played with it a bit.

If you clikc on the “Kit” pull down menu, you will find a link to download additional drum kits.

That link will lead you here: http://ntrack.com/downloaddrumbanks.html

Aside from that, I haven’t really found it to be useful. It has some preprogrammed drum patterns, but thats about it. You can of course use it a vsti host for drum samples, but Loopazoid works just as well for that and is far easier.

If it had a fill-in button, or a way to trigger fill-in’s from MIDI, I’d be more impressed. It might have these features, but I have yet to discover them.

>>If it had a fill-in button, or a way to trigger fill-in’s from MIDI, I’d be more impressed. It might have these features, but I have yet to discover them.
Its not really a fill-in button, but you can switch patterns with MIDI, so you could switch to a fill pattern and back
You need to set the MIDI channel to 16, and then its notes C3 upwards (not C1 as the help page says) and you can switch between the various patterns.

Thanks for that piece of info, Davidv. I’ll have to try that soon. In fact, thanks for all the info guys! I’ll have to check out downloading more drum kits, as well.

Well, break is over. Time to go back to work. (Not in my studio though :( )

Jeff