The Setup Menu is unreadable

Text is printed on top of text

Anyone know how to fix this: The text on the options page is printed on toip of the same text making the menu unreadable.
Thanks,
bax

This new to “which” build? That kind of thing, a lot of times, points out video driver issues. Unless this is new to the installed version, and goes away when reverting to the previous build, I’d suggest checking into the machines video settings. Change them to see if they have any effect. Of course, if it’s version specific you found a nice new bug. :)

Yes, what Phoo said.

Also, what resolution are you running at?

I checked with Flavio and he steered me to the answer. If the Windows DPI/ font setting is set to Large it causes problems with the menu. It may also cause some dialogue boxes to not display correctly.
The problem would seem to be with the video card setting, but it is Not the video card - it’s the Windows Font setting - Control Panel > Advanced > DPI setting. At normal size 96 DPI the displays work correctly.
Thanks,
Bax

Quote (bax3 @ Mar. 30 2007,11:35)
I checked with Flavio and he steered me to the answer. If the Windows DPI/ font setting is set to Large it causes problems with the menu. It may also cause some dialogue boxes to not display correctly.
The problem would seem to be with the video card setting, but it is Not the video card - it's the Windows Font setting - Control Panel > Advanced > DPI setting. At normal size 96 DPI the displays work correctly.
Thanks,
Bax

Glad you got it sorted. This is a common issue and infact some of the software we write where I work suffers from the same problem.

This is something that apps have to handle themsleves, but few do because it’s such a pain. There are guidelines to creating dialogs that scale to the system font, but I don’t think I’ve seem many that make an effort. It’s necessary when localizing to different languages, and may even be worse there. Think about when English is localized to German. There is usually no way to fit German in the same space as Engish, so the text will be chopped. Well localized dialogs should also scale the font size pretty well.