The smear against Hillary has already started

It’s really sick…

Edward Klein’s “The Truth About Hillary” is just more sick crap from the ultra right-wing who’ll stop at nothing to smear someone. It’s published by the same publisher that published the Swift Boat for Lie’s book.

It’s so sick that it even crossed the line for Hannity, something pretty hard to imagine.

Mike,

Let me ask you this. When you have such incredible up and coming leaders in the party like Barak Obama, why on earth would the Dems want to come within 1000 feet of such a polarizing figure as Rodham-Clinton?

That’s the million dollar question. I don’t personally believe that she is that polarizing. However, if you don’t like Bill then you’re probably not going to like Hillary.

Clinton was impeached (and acquitted), yet his popularity continued. Clinton was polarizing only because of the right-wing spin/smear machine that attacked him for over 10 years. If you need me to document that, I can but it’s all there for anything who’s interested in looking.

She’s polarizing because she’s an intelligent woman, a lot of male chauvonists don’t like that.

There are alot of intelligent women, Mike…not all of them have her power to just piss people off

I just don’t understand why the Dems would want to even consider running someone like her when they have someone like Obama waiting in the wings

<!–QuoteBegin>

There are alot of intelligent women, Mike…not all of them have her power to just piss people off

Why does she piss you off Clarke? Can you articulate that?

Obama hasn’t been around long enough to run for President but I agree he could be very good.

The big problem with the Democrat’s is how to win some Southern States. Now the rascist Democrat’s from the old South are gone, it will be very difficult for a Democrat to get elected. Witness the last election, Kerry almost won. If he had gotten one Southern State, he would have won. I never thought he would which is why I disagreed with him getting Edwards as his VP. I think he should have gotten Gephart & focused on the Midwest. If he had, he would be President today IMO.

I read some chuckle-head on MSN.com the other day about this. The only positive thing he could say about the Dems pushing Hillary was her “star” power. In other words she is the most “known” figure they have. If that qualifies her to be President… we are worse off than even my cynical mind can imagine.

The Dems are going to have a REAL good shot in 2008. Unless they pick Hillary. They might as well shoot themselves in the foot. They have many excellent choices. I agree with Clark. Why would they do something that stupid?

TG

It’s called political power guys. Why did the Republican’s push Bush when they could have had McCain in 2000. McCain would have easily won - no FL debackle, no Supreme Court, etc., etc.

<!–QuoteBegin>

The Dems are going to have a REAL good shot in 2008

I disagree. I think the country has swung way to the right & I don’t think any Democrat will win for quite sometime.

I keep thinking of a super sweet line of dialogue from "The West Wing"

Josh: "the democrats aren’t going to nominate another tax and spend liberal from New England. We’re dumb but not stupid"

Leo: “yeah, I think we are just that stupid”

Quote (Mr Soul @ June 22 2005,17:16)
I think the country has swung way to the right & I don't think any Democrat will win for quite sometime.

from your fingers and computer, through the internet and to God's eyes...

let it be so!!!!!!!!!

It is so - anyone can see that. You still didn’t answer my question about Hillary - why is it that you don’t like her?

have you actually read the book?.. from what i’ve heard about it, i am certain that i won’t… although i did read the swift boats vets book… nothing particularly moving about that thing…

isaac

1. Bush is out.
2. Where is the next Repub with “star” power? There ain’t one!
3. People are fickle. 8 years of Repubs? They’ll go Democrat just for s#$ts and giggles.

They DO have a REAL good shot at it. IF they don’t screw up!

I’m from the South and I hate to say it but… the South ain’t ready for a female President. Hill will have little chance of winning the South.

You guys have heard me rattle enough on here to know I am for balance and moderation. As long as the Dems don’t have some incredibly insane agenda to push in '08, I wouldn’t mind seeing the Dems back for a while. I don’t vote the party, I vote the person. I could not vote for Hillary. There are better candidates the Dems could back. Obama being one of them.

TG

<!–QuoteBegin>

1. Bush is out.
2. Where is the next Repub with “star” power? There ain’t one!
3. People are fickle. 8 years of Repubs? They’ll go Democrat just for s#$ts and giggles.

Don’t count on it. I think McCain may have a chance again if Jeb Bush doesn’t destroy him, but I predict that he will.

I don’t think the South will elect a Democrat either, even if there from the South. Look at the smear they brought against Edwards, who seemed like a pretty good guy to me.

<!–QuoteBegin>
I could not vote for Hillary.

Why? What exactly has she done that you don’t like?

<!–QuoteBegin>

I don’t think the South will elect a Democrat either, even if there from the South. Look at the smear they brought against Edwards, who seemed like a pretty good guy to me.

so now it’s us southerners who are smearing democrats? :D

isaac

The smear was from the right-wing not Southerners or Democrats.

she comes across to me as phony, dishonest, arrogant, insincere, condescending, self-righteous and self absorbed. Further, her “policies” just reek of liberal entitlement.

Funny I use those same adjectives to describe Bush. Seriously, you don’t think Bush has many of those traits you dislike.

What are her liberal entitlements?

If Hillary was a Republican, but with exactly the same manerisms, would you dislike her so much?

I think Hillary is one of the brightest women to ever enter public life.

Quote (Mr Soul @ June 22 2005,17:30)
1. Bush is out.
2. Where is the next Repub with "star" power? There ain't one!
3. People are fickle. 8 years of Repubs? They'll go Democrat just for s#$ts and giggles.

Don't count on it. I think McCain may have a chance again if Jeb Bush doesn't destroy him, but I predict that he will.

I don't think the South will elect a Democrat either, even if there from the South. Look at the smear they brought against Edwards, who seemed like a pretty good guy to me.

I could not vote for Hillary.
Why? What exactly has she done that you don't like?
Hmmm... McCain would be a good choice. He's getting a bit long in the tooth though.

Why I don't like Hill? I don't dis-like her really... it is as simple as there are better choices for a Democratic candidate. I also wonder why she went to New York to run for the Senate. Why not her "home" state of Arkansas? A quick and dirty ticket into the limelight maybe? Via a New York populace who was dazzled by "star" power?

I dunno. IF they run her, I'll give her a fair listen just as I always try to do. I just feel like the Dems will be screwing up if they run her.

TG

<!–QuoteBegin>

Why I don’t like Hill? I don’t dis-like her really… it is as simple as there are better choices for a Democratic candidate.

At least you have an open mind. What Democrat do you like better?