The Tour

Anyone following The Tour? (or as the French call it for some unknown reason, Le Tour).

Having just cycled up to the store (a good half mile), I’ve just collapsed exhausted, and opened a beer or two and watched yesterday’s complete stage; 5 hours of blood sweat and tears; it really has to be one of the greatest annual sporting events ever. (Mind you, climbing the alps, I think they ought to make them get off their bikes and carry them up the mountains instead; bunch of wimps!)

There’s some really good battles going on, and the final winner is still undecided. But I miss Lance Armstrong. Just standing at the side of the road as he and his team passed by, instantly put 20 pounds of muscle mass on me, and I was high for a week!

Anyway, I’m just downloading today’s highlights, so it’s almost time for another few hours of vicarious sweat. :)

I’m convinced Lance Armstrong was a machine. A Cyborg if you will… The guy could ride like a maniac for days and never let up… Whoo… I’m tired just thinking about it…

D

OK, in an attempt to get a response from the n-track habitués…

What do you think God’s attitude to The Tour is?

Do you think the sacrifice of a domestique in the pace-making stages is valid and worthy of our species? Or should things like that only be allowed at Easter?

When that yank who took a left instead of a right over the top of the Alps a couple of days ago, realised that he was in free fall, (and would continue to be in free fall for the next several minutes); which theological quandaries entered his mind as he dropped the last five thousand feet do you think?

Did it matter?

Does it matter now? (At the last calculation, he still has a 2008 feet to go).

Have I had enough to drink yet?

Are any of you bastards going to buy me one?

Sheesh! Life is so complicated.
:(

Hi Tim, thanks for your response.
:)

Yeah, he was something else wasn’t he!

Shame his achievements have been blackened by the continuing doubts about drugs.

But whether he did or did not use them, his record is still one to be amazed at.
:)

Quote:

which theological quandaries entered his mind as he dropped the last five thousand feet do you think?

I'd bet first he said "OH S^%T!"... Then he said "Oh God... you see Lord... it's like this..."

D

PS Hi oh mighty Green One! I'd stay and chat longer... but gotta go to practice. Have another brew... not too many though. Send me the bill...

I’m still wondering why a loving God would allow someone to invent that stupid seat they use that sticks up yer butt.

'Course they could like it that way I reckon.

Gotta ram it up one way or the other.

I watched it the last few years, but unfortunately, I’ve had to work some longer hours recently so I’ve been to tired to watch the reruns when I get in.

I find it very entertaining and relaxing to watch a bunch of strange folks making fools of themselves. By this I mean the spectators. Those folks are NUTS.

Has the naked guy wearing the cape made his appearance yet? (maybe there was more than one)

I’ll buy any n-Track a Guiness at any time. :agree:

I didn’t respond inititally to this thread, because what can you say about Armstrong? Jeepers, that guy is one hell of an athelete. Makes one proud to be human. I mean, he is human, right?

Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 24 2008, 8:25 PM)

I'll buy any n-Track a Guiness at any time. :agree:

What about a Pepsi for a Reap-head? :laugh:

D

Didn’t Lance or maybe still doing it, date what’s her name, Sheryl Crow? mARRIED EVEN? i HAVE NO CLUE, dang caps lock button is getting in the way.

Just wondering “who rides who” in that arrangement.

I completely forgot to mention his yeller arm band - I been wearin’ one now for 4 years.

Didn’t he leave Crow when she got cancer or sumpin’ like that?
I forget more and more these days.

Oh - that reminds me - I wrote an Alzheimer song years ago before it was a cool cause. Now where did I save it?

I found it!
Me And My Old Man

Oh did he? Wow, didn’t he have cancer too?

Tried to open the song Poppa, it’s early and you must have put it on Soundclick, (site doesn’t work here between 5a.m. and 6 a.m.) will try later. My Dad had alzheimers, they weren’t funny at the time but I now have some humorous stories…

…what was I talking 'bout?

Man…

I have no words for this one…

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Quote: (Diogenes @ Jul. 24 2008, 10:10 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 24 2008, 8:25 PM)

I'll buy any n-Track a Guiness at any time.
:agree:

What about a Pepsi for a Reap-head? :laugh:

D

Sure.