the Trouble with Midi

More MIdi more trouble

Episode #2.

Anyone following the saga PLEASE help, (if you know anything about this)

I have a Roland JV1010 sound module and an Axiom 25 controller.
I can send Midi signals on channel 1 to the Roland from my GNX4, it then passes the signal to my Digitech S100, all is well each device changes the programs they are supposed to on their respective channels the changes are being sent to them on.(so I am fairly certain they are set up correctly)
However, when I try to introduce the Axiom 25 into the chain these program changes do not make it down the line.

I have read all 52 pages of the Axiom manual and cannot figure out why it is not forwarding the program changes to the other devices.
Best I could gather there are THREE “zones” for the controller which you can set up on any channel, for this test I first set all three of them to 1 since that is what the Roland module is set to receive and that is the channel the program changes for it are on, that did not work. I also tried using channel 0 since that is the default channel for the zone, again, zip and pip.

I am able to change the patches on the Roland JV1010 with the Axiom controller manually…just not with midi signals being sent to it from the other device…

There is no Midi Thru on the controller, only midi in and out and for some reason the stuff coming through the MIDI in is not making to to the midi OUT.

I have registered at the M-audio forum…but never got my email to activate…I’m sure it’s something simple anyone who know midi better can explain.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Guys never mind I figured it out.

In the event someone else comes across this and finds it helpful I will share.

The Axiom Controller had to be plugged into the GNX4, then from there the signal passed onto the rest of the devices in the chain.
The GNX4 for acts as a sequencer, so what I did was got a basic book on midi THE MIDI COMPANION and the first diagram I opened it up to described a workable way to chain these types of devices together. :)

Oh happy day, I can now rack my module and begin programing all the bank and sound changes for the set list! :agree:

As promised Tony I will have some live recordings of that posted soon…

keep shinin

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Nicely, Jerm. Now you’re crackin’.

MIDI’s great. You can, in fact, daisy-chain an unbelievable amount of units together but it’s worth grabbing a patchbay (as posted over-leaf).

Thanx for the vote of confidence!

Here are a few tracks from jam practice today.

Grapevine

Spooky

Last Time

Now that I have the module and controller set up properly I don’t have to make all the bassline wav. files anymore in the GNX4, I can leave them midi like the drums and just let the Module play them, this way I can tranpose on the fly and change tempo!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Indeed.

Lovin’ that Spooky, Jerm.

I hope to be able to get to hear your stuff…

However, when I get active in the mornings, I have a regiment I try to stick to…
Mabey, after the morning run, I can stream some of your files…
I hope…

All you guys are gonna become masters in your disiplines with n-Track…

Bill…

I would like to see you live a longer happier life Bill,

That being said, running is not the best thing for you, puts unnecessary train on your your cardiovascular system, joints, and bones.
You even see a 90 year old jogger? you won’t.
Walking is much better.

keep shinin

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Apr. 14 2010, 9:10 AM)

I would like to see you live a longer happier life Bill,

That being said, running is not the best thing for you, puts unnecessary train on your your cardiovascular system, joints, and bones.
You even see a 90 year old jogger? you won't.
Walking is much better.

keep shinin

jerm
:cool:

Hi jeremysdemo:

It's not a physical run, per say, that I do..
The RUN is the actual work I do..
I work about three hours in the mornings..
then, in the afternoons I work about three hours..
Having said that..
I do a "morning run"
and

an "afternoon run"..
I do it five-days-pre-week..

Me run ????

Where ????

Maybe, one day I'll take a run into Eastern Pennsylvania.. AGAIN..

Bill..

Oh thank goodness you were not suckered into that jogging/running fad that ends so many otherwise healthy peoples live prematurely…

That would be cool if you make it down this way again perhaps you could pop in on a gig!

Live long and prosper.

keep shinin

I have friends that live in-and-around Pottsville… They are just off the I-81

AND…
I’d really like to get into Nazareth…
I believe the Martin Guitar company is there…

Lots of places in that part of the country to spend time visiting… The place is polluted with musicians and music…

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Apr. 15 2010, 9:29 AM)

I have friends that live in-and-around Pottsville.. They are just off the I-81

AND...
I'd really like to get into Nazareth..
I believe the Martin Guitar company is there..

Lots of places in that part of the country to spend time visiting.. The place is polluted with musicians and music..

Bill..

Yes Martin guitar is but a hop skip and I jump away from me.....

I actually have bought several of them over the years and have a lead on a new "defect" one I am hoping to pick up next week for three quid, it is a factory reject, slight imperfection or scratch on the finish.....

I actually frequent a pawn shop in Pottstown, I give one of the reps the list of names I am looking for and they call me if something comes in, ovation PREACHER, ADA MP-1, and Alesis BRC, are a few of the names on this weeks list.....

keep shinin

Wouldn’t it be nice to get over your way, to that part of the country again…

We’ll see…
:)
:agree:

Bill…