The waves don't appear

The graphics wave don’t appear

In my file don’t appear the graphic of waves, if I open the Mixer, all traks stay there, and if I play the song , it sounds, but in the principal screen don`t appear.

Somebody knows what happened? or what I have to do for apepear the wave graphics?

Are you you looking at the timeline view? I’m thinking perhaps you’re in a different view. Go to your view menu and choose timeline. Does that help?

I did that you tell me, and nothing happens, anyway thanks for youyr help

Hi Troll:
You are repeating what I have been Complaining about this issue for about 150 builds now.

My work-around for this is…

Make sure you don’t have the “View All Song” icon (on the taskbar), just above the time slider, HI-LIGHTED… Close n-Track and re-onen /re-launch the program and all should re-appear. In order not to have the “View All Song” icon hi-lited you have to Double-click the icon… Sometimes a single -click works… sometimes it doesn’t"

I have yet to discover a stable state of parmeters, to say what the issue for this is… Up untill now no-one else has been able to repeat this…

Dont “Save” or "Save as’ your work when this happens… You may not be able to get the timeline npk/wave files to appear at all on the timeline.

See if that helps your issue…

Bill…

This in all likelihood is related to video drivers in some way, even if it doesn’t seem like it. Some of us hit it regularly and some of us can’t repro it no matter what. It may be related to a part of the screen not getting redrawn, and that part is where the wavedata is shown. The window can be there but only the background is showing because a separate redraw is to fill in the wave data. See if adjusting system video defaults has any affect at all (change acceleration, comb filtering, screen resolution, etc).

Also, delete the npk files. n-track will recreate them.

Hi phoo:
I have an ATI AIW 128 Pro Graphics card in this Intel ASUS P-111 machine… with XPHome as the operating system… It could very well be the issue here… That graphics card was manufactuered well before XP was produced as an operating system… I do have and … I think the latest drivers for that card… However, there may be some remote issue with those drivers…

Then I have a P-4 Intel ASUS machine with a Matrox G-550 graphics card in it… It’s a dual-boot machine with '98SE and XP Home installed on two seperate drives… with the latest graphics drivers installed on it… Yet both desks produce identical issues as the P-111 XP machine…

The workaround disipline I follow is the same proceedure on both machines…

I can remember posting screen images of the issue way back then…
I think I have the screen images posted yet.

In fact I’ll see if I can link to them…

null

If you notice the “View All Song” Icon on the toolbar is Hi-Lited…

If I un-check the “View All Song” Icon. this issue doesn’t appear on the timeline…

Now, if I do a “Save” or “Save As” on this timeline, I’m in Big-Time Trouble… Cause when I attempt to open the saved song I will have “Saved” the song, with no wave files on the timeline… I have to be very careful not to find myself in this position…

This timeline was created on the 14th of Sept. 2006… So, this issue was happening back then…

Bill…

[EDIT]
The “FIX” for me and this issue might be to Have a Choice appear in a Drop-down Menu with a Check-Box asking for (Default) on when the “View-all Song” icon stays “Hi-lted or Not Hi-lited” on a double-ckick Mouse Command…