There may be a problem with new Beta 2433

or, it could just be my computer

The new beta, 2433 crashed and I can’t go back to 2431. It may just be my problem, but you may want to wait until Flavio responds to my email to try it out.

Don’t know. I tried build 2433 and lost registration. It ran but said it wasn’t registered and that I had 10 days… That could be because my codes are too old, but now when I try to got back to any version I know WAS working and registered I get hit with the pirated code dialog, then a crash. I can’t do anything at the moment. The last version I had working was build 2412, that’s actually a while back. That build worked fine with my 5.0 and later codes. (been busy with other stuff unfortunately)

What caused the crash baxter? You know?

I’ll wait for Flavio’s word on the cause of the crash, but I personally fear there is an error in the 2433 registration code checking. My experience is simular to Phoo’s. The program is shut down, but the computer is working fine.
I’ll bet we get a fix pretty quick.
Bax

Beta is not picking up registered version info.

I ain’t gonna say a freakin’ word… ROLLS-EYES

D

Quote: (Dubious @ Jan. 18 2009, 9:28 PM)

I ain't gonna say a freakin' word... *ROLLS-EYES*

D

Think someones busted

No. “n” is busted… as usual.

DANGGIT! It’s your fault Levi… I wernt gonna say nuttin’… :disagree:

D

Well this is pretty poor planing.
But maybe just us few are with out keys.

It’s ok D you’ve been doing great, or a whole lot better at the least.
I appreciate ya!

Quote: (bax3 @ Jan. 18 2009, 7:02 PM)

I'll wait for Flavio's word on the cause of the crash, but I personally fear there is an error in the 2433 registration code checking.
My experience is simular to Phoo's.
The program is shut down, but the computer is working fine.
I'll bet we get a fix pretty quick.
Bax

There is indeed a bug in the checking of registration codes in v6.0.3 Beta build 2433. The problem should be fixed in build 2434, which should be online shortly.

Flavio.

Flavio has posted Beta 2434 and it loads fine. Losts of interesting, and asked for changes.
Aren’t Betas Fun!
Bax

Quote:

Aren't Betas Fun!

NO!

I’m good to go!

Quote: (phoo @ Jan. 19 2009, 12:36 PM)

I'm good to go!

You've registered 2433 and it's workin ok for you phoo?

No, not 3433. I installed and registered 2434 with my 6.0 codes and it works OK after that, but only after using a special command that Flavio emailed to me to reset something. It’s a built in thing that’s been there a long time. Email Flavio if there is still a problem.

Ya I meant the latest build, hey sounds good. I did get that email from Flavio but wanted to hear something positive about b2434 first, thx! That’l do it!

Does anyone know if you have to be connected to the internet to reactivate your codes?

The instructions for entering the secret code are about as clear as mud.
Anyone know?

I don’t think you have to be connected. All it does is delete some stale data.

It’s a blind action. While the “about” box is open, blindly type the string Flavio sent. You won’t see anything happening at all.

:laugh: ok, thx, well see what happens. :cool: I mean I won't actually see it, but I'll type it, what the heck!