thinking of upgrading to v6

Hey all;

I’m still using nTrack v4. something, and am thinking about upgrading to 6. How is v6 for stability, etc? Does it have EQ automation? has anyone used the multiple takes/punch in feature? I find v4 fairly stable, but the multiple takes thing is flaky at best, and this would be a useful feature for me.

Thanks

Quote: (tempus @ Dec. 04 2009, 1:08 PM)

Hey all;

I'm still using nTrack v4. something, and am thinking about upgrading to 6. How is v6 for stability, etc? Does it have EQ automation? has anyone used the multiple takes/punch in feature? I find v4 fairly stable, but the multiple takes thing is flaky at best, and this would be a useful feature for me.

Thanks

The multiple takes addition I believe has been worked extensively in the new version. You can always install the v6 demo and try it out to see if it meets your needs.

PACO

thinking of upgrading to v6

Me too. :)

only cause my Onyx 1620 runs in 24 bit and V5.1 version I have is only 16bit.

This will be my third upgrade…it is more expensive altogether than if I just bought v6 outright.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Hi Guys:

If you have a half decent computer that appears stable or
with little-if-any issues just load n-Track v 6.0.7 (latest build) and start creating…

Load a track unto the timeline… Look at the lower left-hand corner where the CPU meter is located and see if the CPU meter says .3%…

If it does you have a pretty stable computer…
If it shows something different you might have computer issues…
and your machine needs some addressing (fixing)…
n-Track is as stable a multi-track recorder/application as any other editor you’ll find…
If your machine has underlying issues, to begin with I can’t imagine that it’s n-Track’s fault…

Anyway, that’s what I think…

Bill…

I have versions 4,5 and 6 on my computer. Even with the need to relearn how to use nTrack for some things, v6 is better than both v4 and v5. Much better.

I’ve had n-T for a little over a year and I keep up with the latest v. I’ve got a good, fast desk-top machine. n-Track has it’s own drive and dual-boot system with NO system commands, sounds, email etc… n-Track gets stronger every week.

I run N-Track on a dedicated computer and an on-line computer. The on-line computer has anti-virus and about 100 other programs. I seldom have a problem with either computer and N-track - I do most all of my recording on the studio machine because it is better handling latency - it’s an old Athlon x64 with 2 gig RAM and the On-line is an Intel Quad with 4 gig RAM which has all sorts of problems with latency. Version 6 is a winner.
BAx

On the same computer, how do you compare V5 and V6 regarding stability? Any improvements…?