this is sorta neat

Some one has posted a bunch of beatles tracks, just the solo instruments, e.g.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paWcAUQXHrU

there are a whole load of these tracks. Paul’s bass on Revolution is really worth hearing - sloppy and distorted and really excellent.

Brilliant. Queens Bohem’ solo’d masters are out there too.

Interesting…

So, who among you are gonna be the first ones to try their mixing skills to see if they can re-create the Magic Mix ????

I listened at that Bass Track…

Sounds to me like he could have used a new set of output tubes in that amp before they tracked that bass track…

The strings sound great…
Old strings are better for doing those types Bass Tracks…
New strings are too tacky sounding…
and they fit better with the Kick Track… Well…
???

That’s the million dollar sound…
:agree:
:)

The first mixer to post a bed track gets a Free VST Plug, from HitSquad…
:)

Bill…

I was stunned by how mess up the bass track sounded. I’ve one of those Rogue Hofner copies, and it has never sounded quite right, now I have something to shoot for. I know that Paul’s bass was usually recorded with a Neuman on the amp, set back a few feet - at least that’s what I remember from the beatles recording book. Can’t quite do that, but I can get a bit closer than I am. Should be fun.

I fancy a crack at that, Bill - “how to ruin a classic”.

PS. Tom Jones’ recorded his new album to tape using a 1953? RCA mic.

Tom Jones can afford to do that. Wait - I used to have a 77DX, and I still have a 4 track R2r…and I have a bunch of old mics…I could do what he is doing!!!

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 15 2010, 3:35 PM)

Tom Jones can afford to do that.
Wait - I used to have a 77DX, and I still have a 4 track R2r...and I have a bunch of old mics...I could do what he is doing!!!!

Put your mouth where your mic is;-)

I hope those don’t magically go away…youtube does that sometimes.

Yes. These are wonderful.

Anyone know where they came from.

The Bo Rap tracks are awesome too.

http://beatlesremixers.freeforums.org/

I’m sure I wouldn’t have to look too far to find something to screw up… For that reason I’m gonna leave them on YouTube… Better there then stressing out my telephone modem…

Now that I’m off work on health benefits, I first though I may have reached the maximum on-line time or was being bottle necked by the server for Data Throughput, or something…

How much Data transfer is used when sending Chin-Wag messes sages on the n-Track Board ???? :laugh:

Bill…