This is what I did this weekend

TG - thanks for listening!

These are quick mixes & I didn’t remove the sibilance from my vocal track because I wanted it to sound like we do live, i.e., sibilance and all. My vocal mic is a Sennheiser Sting condensor so it accentuates the sibilance. I did some EQ on the vocal track but you are saying it needs more mids?

Again - thanks!

Eh, I dunno if it NEEDS more mids… they sound pretty good except for the sibilance. I thought bumping the mids and losing a little high end might tame the sssss a little?

TG

Right. I always hand edit my vocal track & remove sibilance using Sound Forge, because I have rather bad sibilance. But this recording is for the purpose of showing what we sound like live, sibilance and all.

Cool. :) Kind of a “You get what you play for…” sample recording.

BTW That’s the title of a GREAT Live album by REO Speedwagon they made before they got all “poppy” in the mid/late eighties. “REO Speedwagon LIVE! You get what you play for!” If you have never heard it, it’s a great record made when R&R was STILL R&R. Knowhattamean?

TG

Agreed. We’re showing our age here, aren’t we ?

Quote (teryeah @ Nov. 08 2005,15:55)
Agreed. We’re showing our age here, aren’t we ?

'fraid so Teryeah… whats wrong with kids these days? My son really likes listening to stuff I grew up on but everything he BUYS sounds like crap… as does a lot of the music he and his bandmates put out. Mind you, the MUSIC is not that bad… it’s the screaming, grunting and general caterwauling* I can’t handle! :p

TG – 157 Riverside Avenue anyone?

<!–QuoteBegin>
*caterwaul

n : the yowling sound made by a cat in heat v : utter shrieks, as of cats [syn: yowl]

Mmmm… yep! That about sums it up!! ROFL! :D

I posted another live, original song on Sound Click - Don’t Hurt Your Head

Todays music TG, YUCK!(if ya know whutta mean), me, I’m ‘Riding The Storm Out’ :D