This just in!

Quote:

Firefox can't find the server at www.nopride.com.

I'm gonna jump on that.

You really had me goin’! I just saw who that crazy nut was with the hip hop comments! Hold on, I’m getting a session in this weekend and Texas is first on the list.

Quote: (nixon1972 @ Dec. 16 2008, 4:56 PM)

You really had me goin'! I just saw who that crazy nut was with the hip hop comments! Hold on, I'm getting a session in this weekend and Texas is first on the list.

It's some dude who also thinks PostAltNeoBuzzRock is another name for some illicit substance, I think.

Ok Tom - I fess up. What’s the penalty for reading your signature?

Um…same as for tearing off those labels.

I’ve been all over this country, all states are all the same.
Dialects and accents change but they are all the same really.

Jason;
There is a faction in Texas, a fanatical group (the republic of tx) who try to push the state of Texas around too.
A radical group.
That’s really who you are talking about when you say Texas wants to become a separate country.
I don’t pay to much attention to them.
I know that becoming a separate country isn’t something that the ordinary everyday good’ol boy or the State of Texas is contemplating.
It’s business as usual down here in the frigid south.

PW you could have written that song about Bubba’gum and eventually someone would complain.
Just face the facts PW, your a trouble maker!
:laugh:

TomS is the trouble maker 'round these here parts. ‘course he was just gettin’ even.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 17 2008, 8:36 AM)

TomS is the trouble maker 'round these here parts. 'course he was just gettin' even.

Uhhh, I beg to differ, Poppa W is the big trouble maker!
Tom just can't mix in stereo. :whistle:

I can too Mix in stereo
I just choose not to
Because mixing in stereo
is cliche.

how long did THAT mix take you? lol
TomS’s mixing imaging is fine as far as I can hear - most of the stereo is from subtle well tweaked wide effects and more centered instrumentation. That’s what I hear anyway. Someone who’s bassAkkards my hear it onom.

This is just personal preference… but unless you are specifically after an “effect”, I prefer less drastic panning myself. A guy sent me a mix one time with DRUMS scattered all over the place hard panned. Listening to it almost made me physically ill because of the induced sense of vertigo. No “center” reference…

D

Sorry D - I didn’t mean to make you sick. :p

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 17 2008, 3:42 PM)

how long did THAT mix take you? lol
TomS's mixing imaging is fine as far as I can hear - most of the stereo is from subtle well tweaked wide effects and more centered instrumentation. That's what I hear anyway. Someone who's bassAkkards my hear it onom.

At least 45 seconds. Only well-spent 45 seconds all day.

So, I'd like a list of all the ways folks use stereo. Mostly I have bass, kick, snare, lead vox or instrument centered, with stereo verb, sometimes stereo delay on guitar solos. Back vox and back instruments get panned, usually not more than about "60" on n-Track's pan. OH on drums get panned a bit more than is realistic. Very occasionally when the guitar parts are just doubled, then they get hard panned.