Thrift shop joy today

:slight_smile:

Haven’t found much of interest lately, but today for 12 bucks found a very nice “Concert Imperial” reed organ made by the Imperial Accordian Company - all nice wood, accordian guts, a lot like one of those toy organs that blow air through, except this is very well made, and is perfectly in tune (as close as accordian reeds get, anyway). totally cool. I’ll post a couple of pictures… :)

Hey that sounds cool Tom. I’d never get away with bringing “junk” like that in the house. :slight_smile:

Perhaps you could make a soundfont of it?

It’d be perfect for a soundfont, but I suck at that sort of thing. I know that I could make a VSTi with the samples, using synthmaker, but I’m not sure it’s worth it. But the thing isn’t anything like junk, I gotta tell you - really nice wood cabinet, really nice action - it’s a real instrument.

It helps to be married to a musician who encourages the obsession with odd noise makers… ???

Really cool Tom! Post’s some pics.
My Dad played accordian, neat instrument and sound.

IT’S POLKA TIME! :cool:

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 02 2007, 9:15 PM)

It helps to be married to a musician who encourages the obsession with odd noise makers... ???

Well she is very understanding but there are limits. :-) We have two rooms in the house full of music kit now that the kids are getting involved in music/recording etc. so I'm not doing too badly. :-)

I can justify almost any musical purchase as for the kids! ???

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 04 2007, 2:32 AM)

I can justify almost any musical purchase as for the kids! ???

Oh yes..... How else was I going to get a 7 piece drum kit in the house?

You guys are killing me with the buying for the kids routine, mine are grown and gone. So what excuse can I use now?

Quote: (Yaz @ Oct. 04 2007, 9:38 AM)

You guys are killing me with the buying for the kids routine, mine are grown and gone. So what excuse can I use now?

Grandchildren?

Tried that, didn’t work.

Nanna (my wife) didn’t think Layla (the 6 month old) needed a Rode mic or Fender Hot Rod! :(

Tell her it’s an investment for Layla’s future. You KNOW she’s gonna be a guitar star since ol’ gramps can school her…

D