Time for Stodio Monitors

Amp and Speaker Failure

Hi All:
Today, I went into the studio to check and update the P-4, Dual-Boot, DAW… I have not been in there for well over a month… I need to keep the computers updated and to “Syncronize” and keep the drives Up-to-Date with the other computers on the network… and to check the System’s operation and well-being…

However, with-in minutes of powering up the audio setup I could sense something was not right with the "Right Side of the Monitor system… Before I got it shut down, I had lost the Yamaha P-2100 High-end Amp and Tannoy BPM-6.5 Cabinet… Smoked…

This couldn’t come at a more “Down-Time” for me… and the set-up I have… This is devistating… It’s not that I don’t have alternate or other monitor systems to listen to, but with all the other DAW issues and all, that I have, it’s another issue to address…

The Tannoys have been satisfactory for listening BoXeS… and now I have to get them behind me and hunt for something to take their place… I can see it’s not worth the mental abuse, to go and repair the damage…

Could this be the time for doing away with Power Amps and seperate Speakers? And getting into Powered Speakers?

What is out there with this type of technoledgy? What are you useing for monitors… like this??

Bill…

Hi Bill,

Bummer about the monitors and amp…

Anyway, I’ve had a pair of Event TR8’s for almost two years now. I’ve been real happy with them. They are powered monitors that do an excellent job IMO. I think they go for around 500 bucks a pair new.

D

That’s the last thing you needed eh Bill.

One word: Yorkville!

Hi Willy:
When I realized it had happend, it was too late… The amp was boiling Hot and the speaker cone was smoking hot…

I made some calls around and sure enough. There is a pair of Yorkville’s Model YSM1Ps available. They list here, in this Market place, for 240.00 bucks a piece. But with a bargining moment, I have them in the morning for 220.00 plus local taxes for a total of, $506.00 Then I need some XLR cables and all. So that gets me into some Powered Yorkies… They are the 110 W versions… I was up on the site and had a peak at them… They are as I describe them as “What the Doctor Ordered”… Well… It’s a lot of Scratch… for this time of year… But, if I roll the thermistat back a few degrees, I’ll be able to “Fit-Them-In”… Ya see. all that money should be going into the fuel oil tank… for heat… I just put 475.00 Loonies into the tank this week… I’m hopeing that the fuel will last me till the early weeks of January…

Hey… Put some of that January Heat in a Can… and fire it up this way… lol…

Bill…