Time to pick on Tom's drumming again.  :)

Go ahead, do it.
I dare ya.

Not much time to write or record, but this happened somehow - “It’s Natural”:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands…6805279

Well let me be the first to say:
Love it!
Great how the melody rolls along and the chord progression keeps moving under it. Like the fluid bass parts, the chords are unpredictable yet they make perfect sense. Keyboards really fill out the sound. The only thing, the vocals dip in pitch a little here and there, but I love the track, luuuuuuuv it!

Quote:

Time to pick on Tom's drumming again. :), Go ahead, do it. I dare ya.

Nah-nah-na-nah-nah... you can't drum like Bonham! (Which is a GOOD thing since he's DEAD!) :laugh:

Come on Tom... your stuff is almost always cool... I never quite got along with the Mount Cyanide "thing"... but pretty much everything else has been way cool. I wasn't offended by Mount Cyanide or anything... I just didn't "get it"??

Shabby Clothes is still one of my favs from "The Spademan Hit Factory" :agree:

D

Ditto here - that bass drum sound is the bomb! Did you sample a bomb?

Quote:

Shabby Clothes is still one of my favs from "The Spademan Hit Factory"

:D well said my friend....'nothing moves and nothing crawls' is another one of my favs, and i still got that ruddy 'good king george' in me head! love it tom :)

like the new one too, i don't know alot about the recording side of stuff but i know i like the song, kinda infectious! (in a good way, not a flesh eating virus kinda way...urm...more like...the introduction of World peace teenagers kinda way! :peace: )

Very infectious, killer virus flesh eating infectious! :laugh:

Loved the organ sound, kinda “The Band” sound, carnival, loved it Tom! Had me dancing round the room at 6:00 a.m.

Hey and the snare sound didn’t suck! :laugh: Me thinks Tom Spademan needs his own hit radio station! :agree:

Nice one Tom, what did you use for the Keys? Nice retro sound to them. Some unusual progressions and unexpected moments, guitar breaks are excellent.
Good job Tom!

Quote:

Me thinks Tom Spademan needs his own hit radio station! :agree:

totally...after listening to this and posting i left Tom's soundclick on n hopped in the bath....totally forgot this was him! also i discovered "it's a glorious sound" Tom, i've never heard this one b4...it's yours right? beautiful hunny, ruddy beautiful....ruddy well beautifull...ruddy well bloody beautiful...ruddy...well, you get the point!
Tom, may i cover this song? pleeeeease?
Ange x

Here comes brutal honesty, we’re all friends here etc… Love the tune, not so hip on the mix. It is very upper mid range heavy (3.5khz or so) and that makes my teeth hurt. I took the liberty of doing a little mastering on the tune (on head phones at work… so take it with a grain of salt) as far as what I would think is a better from an EQ perspective. Having the mix would be better as you can only do so much EQing the 2 bus… but a lot more low end and taking care of that mid range helps a lot IMHO.

http://warsaw.innova-partners.com/~cburke/TomMix.mp3

Shoot pahd-na… I saw “TomMix” and thought it was gonna be cowboy music…

D

EDIT: Yup… that DO sound mo’ better. How about an intro Tom? It’s just me I guess… but I like a little “tease” before the full on assault. (No wise cracks you pervs…)

Ass-salt? Might I suggest soap and water to take care of that?

Dirty butt? Clean it up!

LOL…

Quote:

(No wise cracks you pervs…)

This means YOU! :laugh:

D

Good God mon, y’all didn’t say anything about the out of tune guitar at the end! :)

Well, the keys are some sort of farfisa preset from that nice Proteus freebie - that thing just rocks - run through a bit of distortion. The kick, well, I cannot tell a lie, originally it was my horrid Rogers kick recorded with one of those little k-micro mics and that sounded really good, but not very even, so it was replaced and placement fixed in Orion with a sample of a birch kick from JamStix - but you should have heard how good the original recording sounded, best sound I ever got from a drumkit in my basement, I used the recorderman 2 mic thing plus the k-micro inside the kick and a Rode NT5 right on the top of the snare. I was sort of thinking Nick Lowe sort of sound.

Thanks for the listen y’all!

Quote:

y'all didn't say anything about the out of tune guitar at the end!

That's become part of your trademark style.... I wouldn't diss a man's style! :laugh:

Catchy, jangly, sparkly, quirky and excellent as usual.

You’ve got a very unique style Tom. Mix sounded fine in my headphones, but haven’t had time to download the other one yit.
:agree:

Tuning is purely optional. No problem. Just play what the heck you want. Go full avant-garde!

Now… wanna buy a tuner? :laugh: I got my eye on one o’dem Peterson Strobe tooners… sweeeeet… Great for intonatin’ a stubborn git fiddle.

D

Yeah, I’ve wanted to get one of the Peterson tuners for a while now.
I tried it on my acoustic, using I forget what special tuning method, you guys know what I’m talking about, and it really, really made a difference.
I’ve been hoping that Mr. Antonioli will include some of those alt tunings, the ones that are designed to address intonation problems, in an update to the n-Track tuner…that’d save me a few dollars!

Anyway, the guitar at the end just gets too far out, even for me.
I’ll warn y’all when I do an update.

Hey, D, are you at all affected by the financial mess Birmingham seems to have? Been reading about it in the paper today.

Eyup!

I remember once saying your snare sound was like someone spitting into a cardboard box.

I take it all back! this is great and even the guitar at the end sounds right in a, uh wrong sort of way.

Steve

Quote:

Hey, D, are you at all affected by the financial mess Birmingham seems to have? Been reading about it in the paper today.

Nope. I don't get down B'Ham way very often. I didn't know there were troubles down there? Not surprised though... They want to be 'Atlanta' and grow too far, too fast and not look ahead...

D