Time to pick on Tom's drumming again.  :)

Well, I actually used autotune (cringe) on the tail end, but haven’t posted it. Beefy, as much as I like spitting into cardboard boxes - sort of a hobby, actually - or maybe a vocation - gotta agree this sounds better. :)

D - I read that the county is thinking about declaring bankruptcy - imagine what that would do as an example to other counties - it’d be like dominos, I think…

Jefferson county declaring bankruptcy? Ooohhh yeah, that would be bad. Again, I can’t say as I’m surprised. Look at what Atlanta is going through. The place has blossomed to the point they might as well take “Georgia” off all the maps! The problem is that only recently have they realized the infrastructure is just not there. “Hey!?! Guys? We don’t have enough WATER!” Idiots…

No kidding Tom. You can drive along north of Atlanta and see the multi-million dollar “Lake Front” homes where the boat house sits 12 feet above the dirt and the shoreline is now 3/4 of a mile away. How would you like to now “own” those mortgages? :p They even tried to hoo-doo Tennessee into re-drawing the state line so Georgia could get a piece of the Tennessee River!

This happens when you have “elected” officials in charge of things they are TOTALLY clueless about.

D

I dunno. I don’t have a clue about that sort of thing, and I usually think I could do better than most of the folks I have voted for. And I know you could. :agree: So the logician in me says it’s not cluelessness, but some other sort of lessnessness.

Quote:

So the logician in me says it's not cluelessness, but some other sort of lessnessness.

Well, I know you noted the "elected" in quotes... a sort of tounge in cheek jab at our process. It's ridiculous in the south. I can't speak about other parts of the country... but here, all you have to do is get elected ONCE. Most of the populace is either too lazy, uncaring or just plain too stupid to investigate whether the guy/gal they voted for is doing a good job or not. They keep getting re-elected on familiarity alone! One Senator in our area has been in office since I was a CHILD! When he started out he barely had a pot to piss in. Now he's a millionaire many, many times over on a Senator's salary of what 100K? How's that work? Well, his construction company gets darn near ALL of the state contracts in the area which as chairman of a few choice committees, he gets them to make them "no-bid" contracts. "Wink-wink... nod, nod..."

Makes my friggin' blood boil... can you say TERM LIMITS? That's what we NEED in a desperate way. Guy ain't looking out for us! He's looking out for himself.

D

PS Not that it makes a difference, he's a Democrat.

Meanwhile…back at the radio station…

I think we may need to call the police on Tom…he has Declan McManus tied up, held hostage and being forced to produce…Nice work Mr. S :agree: …I did like Bubba’s “mastering”…

Cheers,
Ray

Quote:

Meanwhile...back at the radio station...

LOL... thanks Ray. My hemoglobin is down to a simmer now! :p

D

PS Oh yeah... I agree we should call the cops on Tom. I think he has a whole host of musicians, engineers and producer/somgwriters held hostage in his basement. How else could he be so "prolific" and hold down a day job!!
:)

Elvis C. is the King of Sing.

D - only problem with term limits is that it means new folks get in who are clueless and actually do MORE damage and then leave once they realize how stupid they were for the first two years.
We have it here in Michigan legislature, and it is a disaster.
Even if it means a lifetime appointment for some republican, I'd rather have no term limits.

It’s a losing proposition either way… Just appoint me ruler and I’ll fix everything.

D

:cool: Sold your sole huh? Hmmmmmmmmmmm?
Quote: (Levi @ Aug. 23 2008, 2:13 PM)

Hi Levi,

I am at a loss here? Are you referring to FISH or SHOES? :p

D
Quote: (Diogenes @ Aug. 23 2008, 3:30 PM)

Quote: (Levi @ Aug. 23 2008, 2:13 PM)

Hi Levi,

I am at a loss here?
D

Oh yeah, scratch the sole and insert soul. lol picky picky! :whistle: :peace:

Heh… heh… I knew whatcha meant. Just yankin’ yer chain bud. :agree:

D

PS Ain’t sold my soul. Nope. No way!

Quote: (Diogenes @ Aug. 23 2008, 10:36 PM)

Heh... heh... I knew whatcha meant. Just yankin' yer chain bud. :agree:

D

PS Ain't sold my soul. Nope. No way!

:) So D, your finally admitting that your actually Thomas incognito? Hmmmmmm?
Thunk So? lol