Time to sing some jazz.....

LOL!

When I was growing up, my mom listened to a lot of music like this, and I still love this music, people like Billie Holliday and Glenn Miller and Frank Sinatra, etc. This song makes me think of some smoky piano bar back in the 1930’s, and a pretty little vamp with too much mascara singing in a wispy voice :)

I worked hard on singing this, friends, so don’t be throwing any tomatoes at me, lol!

Danny Milligan - Kissing A Fool

Here’s the lyrics:

You are far,
When I could have been your star,
You listened to people,
Who scared you to death, and from my heart,
Strange that you were strong enough,
To even make a start,
But you’ll never find Peace of mind,
Till you listen to your heart,

People, You can never change the way they feel,
Better let them do just what they will,
For they will,
If you let them steal your heart from you,
People, Will always make a lover feel a fool,
But you knew I loved you,
We could have shown them all,
We should have seen love through,

Fooled me with the tears in your eyes,
Covered me with kisses and lies,
So bye, but please don’t take my heart,

You are far,
I’m never gonna be your star,
I’ll pick up the pieces and mend my heart,
Maybe I’ll be strong enough,
I don’t know where to start,
But I’ll never find peace of mind,
While I listen to my heart,

People, You can never change the way they feel,
Better let them do just what they will,
For they will,
If you let them steal your heart…

And people, Will always make a lover feel a fool,
But you knew I loved you,
We could have shown them all,
da-da-da-da-dah-dahhhhh…

But remember this,
Every other kiss,
That you ever give
Long as we both live
When you need the hand of another man,
One you really can surrender with,
I will wait for you,
Like I always do,
There’s something there,
That can’t compare with any other…

You are far,
When I could have been your star,
You listened to people,
Who scared you to death, and from my heart,
Strange that I was wrong enough,
To think you loved me too.
I guess you were kissing a fool,
You must have been kissing a fool.

Hi dannyraymilligan:

Nice trio work going on there…
I can picture in my mind a Guitar player with a smoke stuck to his lips playing one of those black Acoustic Guitars with the F-Holes in the body…
What’s the Guitar…
????

Anyway, add a Guitar Track to the beds…

:laugh:
:)
:agree:

Bill…

I agree that guitar for this would be great, Bill, but I had to take all the instruments from midi, and the song is now 5 steps down from the original pitch, which was for a tenor, and I don’t believe I’d figure out the right chords on the guitar for that pitch, lol! Amazing how real some midi instruments sound if you convert them to separate wave tracks and use a light ambient reverb on them, huh?

That’s the part of Midi that I would like to understand…
When Midi first came on the scene Midi didn’t appear very musical…
BUT… in today’s world Midi no longer sounds like it did back then…
I’m not sure if that’s the way I’d like to say it…
BUT…
you know what-and-how I mean to say it…
Could it be that some Midi music contains real musician’s samples ????
in many cases ?

Bill…

It’s entirely possible that a lot of the midi is soundfonts or wav samples, but this was definitely midi, lol! Recording each instrument as a separate track, and then applying effects to them makes a TREMENDOUS difference.

Instrument, and mix wise this is the best thing I heard you do yet. Nice piano, like the walkin bass, and the drums fit right to the mood of the song. Where is fails is your singing. You are all over the place and the vocal tone sounds like you are singing through a mic with a wool hat pulled over it.

Again, add some top end sparkle via EQ to your vocals. THEN maybe you might hear/get what I am talking about with being all over the place.

Why do I get the feeling you are reading a score as you record? I have seen/heard this before. People sight reading as they record, and not really listening to what they are playing, the beat, or what they are singing.

Actually, Duffman, I do not like my voice, and never have, but sadly, I have no one else to sing, so if I don’t do it, I’ll have a computer full of instrumentals :(

As far as the style of the vocals, I basically redid the original, by George Michael. The only part that really sucked for me was near the end where there was a place I had to sing right at the very top of my range, and you could HEAR me straining, but if I lowered the pitch to make the high notes comfortable, then the low notes would have been too low, so it appears I cannot win, either way…

Kissing A Fool @ Youtube, so you can see that I was simply following the original progression of the song…