Time Tooltip

Call me a minimalist…

I noticed that in recent versions, hovering over the time bar above the tracks pops up a “tooltip” (that yellowish colored text-only window) with the current time. Not a big deal… kinda nice really.

Except for the fact that it covers half the freak’n time bar! It’s really quite annoying when I need to actually click on the timebar under the tool tip! Move the mouse away - goes away - move it back - pops back! Grrrr…

Anyone know how to shut that off?

Thanks!
–PK

Note attached image:

If only the box had the size of the time statement, i.e. the characters define the box size. shouldn’t be too hard to implement. The loong box seems to anticipate time signature in samples?

regards, Nils

<!–QuoteBegin>

I noticed that in recent versions, hovering over the time bar above the tracks pops up a “tooltip” (that yellowish colored text-only window) with the current time. Not a big deal… kinda nice really.

Except for the fact that it covers half the freak’n time bar! It’s really quite annoying when I need to actually click on the timebar under the tool tip! Move the mouse away - goes away - move it back - pops back! Grrrr…

Anyone know how to shut that off?

Thanks!
–PK

The MARKERS in n-track have a similar problem for me. They pop up and get in the way when you want to click on the timeline.

Right- the Markers pop-ups are a pain. I tried to disble them in the Markers menu, but it seems you can’t.

Pretty annoying aspect of the GUI, I’ve always thought. You have to learn how to ‘beat’ or fake-out the Marker to the spot on the Timeline you want!

Hi Guys:
Could the issue be your Screen Resolution and how far you are “Zoomed” in on your timeline? It doesn’t look that bad, or too bad, on the setup I have…

I operate with a screen res. of 1152 x 864 but not all the time… But this print screen is set at that resolution…

Bill…

DOH! Bill, you’ve got your input meter on top (and very wide), above the timeline so the popup isn’t obscuring anything. I’ve been keeping my input meter on the bottom, never thought of putting it up top!

Hi Captain Damage:
That’s pretty much the “Standard” appearance of how I would set up an Editing/Mixing desk on this machine… It has only a single head Graphics card. In the studio, the machines have dual head matrox cards installed in them… At times it may not look exactly like that but pretty close to that most times… I find for me there is less eye strain and visual fatigue… I don’t even want to see the INPUT Meters… Anyway, as I see it… having them on the desk uses up video resources… Well…

But you know… It’s not how it looks It’s how you like it to look… Well…

What I find is Strange is…

The “Drop-Down” menu tool-bar is not at the top of the desk… It’s down at the bottom or just above the Timeline… :O ??? I don’t know if that’s good-or-bad… But I can get used to that… Before I discovered it was there I couldn’t find it "For-the-Life-of-Me… It just suddenly appeared there…

Bill…

I never use Markers for the same reason: I detest that “feature”. I won’t be upgrading to V5 if that’s what it does.

BTW, the Marker uses a fixed screen location. When I run on an alternate screen, it pops up on the main screen. The location of the popup should be adjustable somehow – but mostly, able to be turned off.

Hi all
If you right click the time bar/select manage markers/settings there is a place to untick pop-up windows.

Hi Alldaylay:
Thanks for that post…

Now that my DPI. is readjusted I should look at how the desk in gonna display what I thought was a pretty good screen…

I think it’s Not what you see… It’s how you see what’s on your monitor…

Right now I’m looking at a screen res. of 800 x 600… But It may settle out at 1024 x 768… ??? We’ll see…

Then we’ll see how the pop-ups look…

Bill.

<!–QuoteBegin>

I never use Markers for the same reason: I detest that “feature”. I won’t be upgrading to V5 if that’s what it does.

BTW, the Marker uses a fixed screen location. When I run on an alternate screen, it pops up on the main screen. The location of the popup should be adjustable somehow – but mostly, able to be turned off.

Why can’t the markers be more like Cakewalk. All I want to do is note where the chorus, verse and bridge are located.

Good to know the popup can be clicked off, but a non-descriptive flag doesn’t help much either.

I’ll try to get a screen up when I get home this evening.
I had to enable something on the Geforce control to get it to stretch across the monitors. As I recall on the Matrox G450 that I had it was default.

OOps wRONG Thread