To Mr. Soul

You are a mindless ideologue.

:^)

And you are an idiot my friend!

Mr Soul

Your good Mike, you got all that from his smiley face above?

Here’s the thing, Jeremy… Whoever made that post created an account just for the purpose of harassing Mike while hiding his identity. The guy is a wuss.

On the other hand, I have no problem harassing Mike using my real account, my real name, and even my real picture. :D

That’s why the guy(?) is an idiot.

-John
:cool:

Yes. Obviously a PUTZ.

TG

And I like debunking you John too :p :D

Mr Soul

Word. Be a man.

Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 09 2005,11:08)
And I like debunking you John too :p :D

Mr Soul

Yeah, it's just such a shame that you've never been sucessful at it.

:laugh:

Mike is hoping that with some govt intervention, we will all be equallly adept at debunking each other…and live happily ever after.

:D

Gentlemen - my goal is the truth & the end of smear on liberals & Democrat’s who only want the best for this country & the world.

Mr Soul

Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 09 2005,14:44)
Gentlemen - my goal is the truth & the end of smear on liberals & Democrat's who only want the best for this country & the world.

Utopia is a pipe dream, unrealistic and unattainable due to the inherently greedy nature of man. However, it is this same ugly, “me first” nature that has caused us to evolve as a species.

You are en evolutionist, yes?

Please explain to me how the concept of "Survival of the fittest” agrees with liberal ideals.

-John
:cool:

ideologue? ???

I know what “Analogue” means: an exact representation of a continuous function.

And its opposite, which, (thinking back to High School chemistry classes), must be “Catalogue”, which is discreet values representing a continuous function,
(and women modelling underwear on pages 12 to 96).

But, ideologue?

Lacking pages 12 to 96 perhaps? :(

Ali

Please explain to me how the concept of "Survival of the fittest” agrees with liberal ideals.

Ah, that's an easy one John. :D

For non-social animals; leopards, wolverines, haggises, etc., survival of the fittest generally means survival of the self. And that is the optimum strategy.

However, for social animals, it's quite a different story.

A wolf may be a non-breeding member of a pack, but will still be prepared to give his life for the survival of the pack.

A lactating lioness will nurse cubs that are not her own, even though that reduces the nutrition her own cubs obtain.

And countless other examples.

Why?

The survival of the individual is dependant on the survival of the group. So it's in every individual's interest to sometimes sacrifice its own aims for the aims of the group.

And, although the death of an individual means an end to its chance to pass on its genes, nonetheless, other members of the group share common genes with it, so self sacrifice is the optimum strategy.

OK, that was an easy one John, gimme something harder next time! :D

Ali

John - you misunderstand liberals & liberalism. The defintion of liberal is:

<!–QuoteBegin>

- [n] a person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties
- [n] a person who favors an economic theory of laissez-faire and self-regulating markets
- [adj] tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition
- [adj] showing or characterized by broad-mindedness; “a broad political stance”; “generous and broad sympathies”; “a liberal newspaper”; “tolerant of his opponent’s opinions”
- [adj] not literal; “a loose interpretation of what she had been told”; “a free translation of the poem”
- [adj] given or giving freely; “was a big tipper”; “the bounteous goodness of God”; “bountiful compliments”; “a freehanded host”; “a handsome allowance”; “Saturday’s child is loving and giving”; “a liberal backer of the arts”; “a munificent gift”; “her fond and openhanded grandfather”
- [adj] having political or social views favoring reform and progress

Some liberals might believe in utopia, but utopia is not a “liberal” goal.

I think I understand the implication you are trying make about evolution but the discussion on of evolution is orthogonal to the discussion of liberalism, so they have nothing to do w/ each other.

Mr Soul

Got 'em pegged…

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/ideologue.htm

I think I understand the implication you are trying make about evolution but the discussion on of evolution is orthogonal to the discussion of liberalism, so they have nothing to do w/ each other.

Nonsense Mike. :)

Social responsibility can be completely justified scientifically, see my above post.

If it couldn't be, then it would be nothing more than soggy sentimentalism. :)

Ali
Social responsibility can be completely justified scientifically, see my above post.

I suppose you could make some claims but I just didn't want to go there but you'd be out of limb IMO.

Mr Soul
Quote (phoo @ Feb. 09 2005,16:54)
Got 'em pegged...

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/ideologue.htm

HA! Phoo has it NAILED! I love it! How did you find that one? :D :D

TG
I suppose you could make some claims but I just didn't want to go there but you'd be out of limb IMO.

Mr Soul

You obviously never read my post re optimum genetic survival strategies of social animals then! :(

Ach well, go it your own way and be damned with you then! :laugh:

Ali