Today's effort

:smiley:

I think this could be done really well.

http://cookiefinger.bandcamp.com/track/all-your-pretty-things

:)

Your mixes are getting fuller and really dynamic. Entrepreneurial even. Your extensive experience has only motivated me in a fast-paced challenging music world. Rock on Tom.

Need moā€™ drumsā€¦ but you probably knew I was gonna say thatā€¦ :laugh:

They be buried just a teeny-tiny-tadda-musā€¦

Way cool.

UJ

PS I would show you my Pretty Thingā€¦ I never really considered it as such thoughā€¦ not really ā€œprettyā€ at all actually. Iā€™ll post a pic and let yā€™all decide?

Well, it has been said that Iā€™m not dynamic generally, but I strive for an innovative, fast-paced mix, problem-solving as a team player here with folks like Tommy who has a proven track record ā€“ heā€™s clearly entrepreneurial as he said ā€“ but one thing I know, UJ doesnā€™t have a clue what the joke is because he is not on Facebook. :laugh:

Thing is, UJ, I totally had you in mind as I was spending my 15 minutes mixing. I started with the drums and bass and had them up where they should be, but then I had to turn up the guitars. I think the thing is that I learned what music is supposed to sound like in the 1970s, when drums were not as prominent. Is that possible?

ā€¦and UJ AINā€™T gonna be on Facebook.

Quote:

I think the thing is that I learned what music is supposed to sound like in the 1970s, when drums were not as prominent. Is that possible?

Maybeā€¦ itā€™s also highly possible that itā€™s just ME. I like a mix where you hear everything as clearly as possible. However(!)ā€¦ itā€™s just about the mix. The instruments used and arrangements play a HUGE factor in that ā€œclarityā€ factor. Knowwhattamean Vern?

UJ

PS I donā€™t have a CLUE why Ernest P. Worrell popped in my head today. I didnā€™t see him on TV, hear him on the radioā€¦ WHY, WHY, WHY??? (Mommy?)

Stupid boardā€¦ this;

Quote:

itā€™s just about the mix.

should be;

itā€™s NOT just about the mix.

My fingers are slysdexic yaā€™ knowā€¦

JU

Well, it works both ways.

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Dec. 18 2010, 7:39 PM)

...and UJ AIN'T gonna be on Facebook.

Here's ONE reason why...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40721497/ns/business/

The whole thing is ridiculous. IMO of course... :)

UJ
Quote:

..and UJ AIN'T gonna be on Facebook.

Good! I steal all yer best stuff and post it as mine over there! Don't you dare get on Facebook!

56 billion or whatever that said is a lot of money. Wow. I had no idea. I thought a few hundred million. You know, chump change. :laugh:

When you continually post songs this good, after a while it leaves nothing for anyone to say except, great song, as usual.

Ahh I will say I am really diggin the guitar sound at what would it be the pre-break. You are holding a high G chord I think. Sounds like you have the gain cranked, diggin that sound.

I tear an amp apart and before I get it back together youā€™ve written-and-published a Bakerā€™s Dozen Songsā€¦ :laugh: :p :)

Billā€¦

The amp was totally flat out cranked. Lots of hashy sound in it that I donā€™t like, but live it sounds cool. Little 30 watt vox amp. One of those with the modeling built in and a real 12ax7 tube. Real, kiddies, get your real digitally modeled amp with a real genuine tube in it! :laugh: No idea if the tube runs at a decent voltage. Probably just a gimmick. But the amp sounds pretty good.

This 'en?

http://www.dv247.com/guitarsā€¦ā€“57458

Yep. that looks like it. Itā€™s OK. It is acceptable, but after a while you sort of long for real components and not simulations.