Toker's Daily Debunk

The right-wing spin/smear/lie machine

If I had the time, I could easily debunk probably everything that Ann Coulter says but I have to pick just one issue. Coulter said:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Bush opposes gay marriage. Kerry is for it – and he has always been consistent on that by taking every position imaginable on gay marriage. Kerry’s got more gay marriage positions than the Kama-sutra, including the “yawning dog,” the “courtesan’s dilemma” and the “flip-flopping weasel.”

Campaigning in Missouri about a month ago, Kerry began the day saying he was opposed to Missouri’s constitutional amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman. By the end of the day, Kerry was claiming he supported the amendment and, indeed, that his position on gay marriage was identical to Bush’s.

In fact, Kerry has said just the opposite - he supports the Massachusetts marriage amendment, which bans same-sex “marriage” while creating civil unions. On Missouri admendment, Coulter spins what Kerry actually said. Kerry didn’t support the MO admendment because it banned civil unions & he didn’t know it did that when he said he supported it.

You have to recognize that the tricks that people like Coulter employ, because she’s a master at them. When she was on FOX news, she made a comment about Warren Christopher having no qualifications to be Secretary of State. It sounded like she was informed & knew what she was talking about but in fact, she just says anything she wants to say but says it in a confident way that makes her look informed when in fact, she’s just BSing.

Franken debunks Coulter thoroughly in the lying liars so I don’t have to but today she’s on my list. This quote by Coulter says it all about here:

<!–QuoteBegin>
My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.

What bugs me even more here is the absurd and disrespectful use of the Kama Sutra as an example - she doesn’t know squat about Hinduism, methinks. :angry:

Ah, well, that’s the intolerant, uncompassionate, willing-to-lie-at-the-drop-of-a-hat-if-it’ll-get-them-what-they-want extreme right.

as good looking as she is and she obviously hasn’t been laid since Bush took office 4 years ago thats why she is so sexually oriented in her pissing diatribes.

Cruiser - you got that one right! But seriously, would you, with her -

Jeepers, guys, isn’t that a bit sexist? ???

Quote (TomS @ Nov. 23 2004,12:15)
Ah, well, that's the intolerant, uncompassionate, willing-to-lie-at-the-drop-of-a-hat-if-it'll-get-them-what-they-want extreme right.

Speaking of "willing-to-lie-at-the-drop-of-a-hat-if-it'll-get-them-what-they-want" ....

CBS News' Dan (The Forger) Rather to Step Down
By DAVID BAUDER, AP
NEW YORK - Dan Rather, embattled anchor of the "CBS Evening News," announced Tuesday that he will step down in March, on the 24th anniversary of taking over the job from Walter Cronkite.

Clinton Interview with ABC news anchor Peter Jennings:
The former president said that, while he had personal failings, he never lied to the American people about his job as president.

MICHAEL MOORE tops this year's Losers list - an annual collection of Hollywood's least-inspiring, least-intriguing celebrities.
Moore got the "honour" because of what the editors saw as an oversized ego: "Remember, it's not always about you. Lose the chip on your shoulder," the poll advised. It continued: "No presidential candidate endorsed by Michael Moore has ever won an election. So, Michael, why not endorse a Republican in 2008, just to see what happens?"

Quote (MidnightToker @ Nov. 22 2004,16:02)
PS - I don't read anything by Ann Coulter because I think she is a nut & her writing is trash!!!

" If I had the time, I could easily debunk probably everything that Ann Coulter says but I have to pick just one issue."

AbG :cool:

"Franken debunks Coulter thoroughly in the lying liars"

When frankin talks about his audience I've always wondered who that 'person' was .... now we know !!!

Tom - you bet it is & I reserve this special treatment for people just like Ann. :angry: :laugh:

Quote (MidnightToker @ Nov. 23 2004,13:09)

It's good to see how Liberals stand up for and respect minorities and woman ....

AbG :cool:

-

I’m going to have to start a new column debunking Ali BG. :laugh: Ann Coulter has a 1st amendment right to say what she wants but when she says stuff like her McVeigh quote, she is going to be strongly criticized. OK - I’m sure Coulter has an avid sex live & my and Cruiser’s statements were out of line. :p

I love how you misunderstood (and took out of context) what Clinton said to Jennings & warped this to this discussion. Do we have to spell out everything for you?

Quote (MidnightToker @ Nov. 23 2004,12:09)

#### YES

Clark - you sexist PIG :laugh:

yep!

Hey Clark - at least you’re an honest sexists.

I’m listening to Air America right now & Franken’s reading from the Lying Liars (it’s pre-taped), but it’s interesting because he’s talking about what happened in MN during the Paul Wellstone re-election/plane crash campaign. I don’t know all the history.

Well, I can comment some on this having been here. What is he referring to? I know alot of republicans were upset by what happened at his funeral…

Most pundits lines are “out of line” and Coulter is no different…We as a country are losing our sense to laugh at ourselves…PC is for the most part a bunch of crap!
and No I wouldn’t I’m happily married…a Democrat in Idaho is like a fish out of water but I still voted so I get to bitch as much as I want… BTW I respect the humor and the respect I see here even with differing opinions!

Clark - I don’t want to try to summarize a summary of what’s in Franken’s book because I won’t get it right. However, Franken talks about the organized campaign against Wellstone (and lies they made up), he talks about the eulogy for Wellstone, which was not partisan on whole, but admits that one speaker went overboard & that the Republican used this as an opportunity to misportray the event & use this against the Democrats, and he talks about how they attacked Mondale.

I can’t speak much to the “lies” I only know the eulogy bit…and the repubs did take it overboard, to be sure…but to be fair, it was a FUNERAL, not a political rally!!!

A funeral for a politician no less, but Franken’s point was that it was NOT a political rally like it was spun to be. This part was completely blown out of proportion, taken out of context & used by the right against the Democrats in an organized, concerted effort. Franken was there himself but he had newspaper clips, personal interviews, & analysis of the right-wing spin to back up his claims.

My father was there…not as a politcal ally, but rather a public official. Be careful believing EVERYTHING Mr Franken has to say…