Toker's Daily Debunk

Clark - Franken admitted that one speaker went overboard, the one from which the clip we all saw on TV. Franken also said that the following speaker tried to “calm” things back down but was unsuccessful.

I find Franken to backup what he says with facts & admit when he doesn’t have them, or when he is wrong.

the long and short of it, some people were put off enough by it to maybe swing the vote in that particular race…

Let’s face it, Mondale wasn’t in a great spot to begin with…

the long and short of it, some people were put off enough by it to maybe swing the vote in that particular race...
No denying that but that's one of the things that Franken was talking about, amongst others, i.e., how the right-wing spin machine spread this story to the point where this clip that the only thing on the major networks. Like I said, I don't what to summarize all that he said because he goes through a whole bunch of things in his book related to this. Apparently, Franken's family knew the Wellstones, so it was personal with Franken. Franken always mentions Wellstone.