Tom Brumley

Suffers a stroke…

Hi Today, Gents:

I learned today…
and …
it was posted on a Bobby Seymore Blog that Tom Brumley, of Buck Owens/Don Rich Fame suffered a masive stroke and is in
a Hospital in Texcas where he calls Home…
I don’t know exactly where, in Texas…

Tom is one of the greatest influences of Leonard and myself and in our very early days of playing as we grew with the music we enjoyed playing through the years…

Tom was the Steel Guitar Player with Buck when he recorded Together Again as well tracked Crying Time, among other songs…

By 1969 Tom left that stage to play with Ricky Nelson when he recorded Garden Party, shortly before the Plane crash…

It was in the early '70’s that Leonard bought the parts from Tom, the owner of Zane Beck Steel Guitars back then…
We put it together one week and that saturday night he put it on the stage and he played that guitar for some time…
I can’t quite remember, Leonard had too many guitars for me to remember just how many…
I know he used that Guitar on the CBC Countrytime Series and when we did the Pilot Shows in June of 1970…
and posted on YouTube…

Tom Brumley, is Very Ill…
Sorry-to-Hear-and-Say…
sigh…

Bill…

Sad to hear Bill…

Just a few days ago, Billy Powell of Lynyrd Skynyrd fame passed away. Great rock and roll piano player…

All these greats are slipping away…

D.D.D. III

It should be noted that he is one of the sons of legendary songwriter Albert E. Brumley, “I’ll Fly Away”, “Turn your Radio On” just to name two. Tom’s a heck-ov-a nice guy.

Musically…
Yea have to know where yea came from before yea know where yea goin…

It’s these guys that wrote the Cook Book on much of the Traditional Country Music we call Country Music…
Much of the Music that is called Country Music today is rarly base’d on that style of music…

I can remember Leonard turning the radio off when a song was played in the rotation that was not written by the CookBook…
He was way more Traditional in his musical tastes… Than the stuff I liked…
BUT…
It was tough to equal Tom’s Steel Playing…
when he played on Buck’s stage…
with Don Rich…
AND…
then it was over…
Buck and Don was never the same…
In my opinion…
that is…

Bill…

p.s.
I know the songs you are refering to… However, I’m not aware of Albert E. Brumley…
the song writer…
I don’t think I am…

I was sure that Tom Brumley grew up in Oklahoma…
Am I correct?

Maybe, NoT…

When all of these influences are not with us…
Who are we gonna look up to??
sigh…

The last guitar player I worked with is a real Lynyrd Skynyrd Fan…
A lot of his Playing influnces surly came from Billy Powell…