TomS, Beat Me To It

Texas Lament

Since TomS already posted a Levi song I changed the name of mine. I figured Levi had been poked in the eye enough for one day so I call this: A Texas Lament.

http://home.mchsi.com/~duffman123/texas_lament.mp3

I’m not much of a blues player, but this was fun. Since we are sharing recording technique, I dont have a bass amp and recording direct just didnt give me “the sound.” So I ran the bass thru the P.A. system and put an SM57 on one 15 and a Radio Shack Pressure Zone plate mic in front of the other.

Duff

bass amp sim plug-ins are harder to find, but they are there.

i don’t have a bass amp either. actually, never have owned one. how lame is that? and i play live twice every week + rehearsals, and have played live 1992. i’m the bassist version of a beatnik freeloader. (wait, something’s redundant, just can’t place it.)

:laugh: Thinkin y'all should do a song referencing Levi lol Are you playin drums on that? Man that is one hot rhythm, love it! Cool song! :agree:

lol - you gettin’ 'im down duff!

Love your pickin!

More sharing.

The drums are done on a Yamaha DD55. There are 5 tracks. Drum 1&2 are each patterns programed via playing into the machine sans kick. The machine repeated each over & over, while recording to individual tracks one at a time. Sync achieved via SMPTE/Midi IO. Each is slightly paned, one is bright EQ very top side, the other is dark…hence the double snare hit sound.

Cymbal splash is it’s own track, as is the snare roll and the kick. Create, copy & paste as needed. Where the drums stop, I just used the volume envelope.

Lord, everyone wants to be Brother Billy! :laugh:

Cool stuff Duff! loved the axe work! :agree:

Obviously a work of genius.

So far, Duff, Poppa and TomS have written a Levi song. Is there a contest going on here I haven’t heard about? :laugh:

Bass Amp Sim

Quote: (duffman @ May 28 2009, 5:34 AM)

More sharing.

The drums are done on a Yamaha DD55. There are 5 tracks. Drum 1&2 are each patterns programed via playing into the machine sans kick. The machine repeated each over & over, while recording to individual tracks one at a time. Sync achieved via SMPTE/Midi IO. Each is slightly paned, one is bright EQ very top side, the other is dark...hence the double snare hit sound.

Cymbal splash is it's own track, as is the snare roll and the kick. Create, copy & paste as needed. Where the drums stop, I just used the volume envelope.

How come everybody knows more about all this than me?!?

Another stellar track Steve! Love the guitars, good voice, reminds of somebody.....
LUV IT! :agree: