Too Funny

Quote:

Funny how this forum gets under your skin. The 1st thing I thought of as I went through Sheffield was 'wonder how Craig's doing'?

yeah, me too, only slightly different. every time i drive through gunnison, CO, i wonder how craig is doin'.

just kiddin', pops. i haven't been through colorado in 12 years. the old road trips from san antonio to portland and back.

Yeah, that is funny jdet.
I’ll probly think the same thing when I drive through Sheffield.

Quote: (Diogesneez @ May 10 2009, 4:02 PM)

Quote: (Bruffie @ May 10 2009, 2:58 PM)

Funny how this forum gets under your skin. The 1st thing I thought of as I went through Sheffield was 'wonder how Craig's doing'?

I know whatcha mean...

I've played that song we collabed on "Song for Yaz" (or whatever it was we named it) for people and they'll say "Who sang this part?" I tell 'em "Ian, my bud in Dubai." Of course, then I have to explain where Dubai is! "No it's not down the road from Fink-cricket Crossroads, Alabama..." *roll-eyes* LOL! Then I tell 'em about Yaz, TSpring, Craig, Poppa, TomS... all you guys.

I'm the best advertising you have in Alabama! :laugh:

D - forum fan :agree:

:) We never really finished that! Good song.

last time I was in the States I told a lady in Rhode Island that I was from Dubai, she said "which state is that in"???
Quote:

last time I was in the States I told a lady in Rhode Island that I was from Dubai, she said "which state is that in"

americans are masters of world geography. don't let some weird-accent-havin' clam-chowda-eatin' lady from the northeast sway that opinion.

???

on that note, when i taught third grade we spent as much time on map skills and geography-related projects as anything else. just because of the fact that most americans can't tell a mountain from a hole in the ground, much less tell you on which continent laos is or what the primary language in brazil is. (it's spanish, right?)

I’m still tryin’ to figure out who “Stan” is and why every town in Afghanistan seems to be named after him.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ May 11 2009, 9:33 AM)

I'm still tryin' to figure out who "Stan" is and why every town in Afghanistan seems to be named after him.

Stan Getz. He shortened his name for show biz. Used to be "Getzemstan." :laugh:

He got tired of everybody calling him "Go"... too confusing I guess.

D

Laos location = "What is Southeast Asia?"
Brazilian language = "What is Portugese?"

"I'll take 'Odoriferous Gases' for 500 Alec..." (Did you smell that? - T'wernt ME.)

I think everyone should know where Liechtenstein is, whether you ever plan to go there or not. :)

Quote: (kevinmyers @ May 11 2009, 7:03 PM)

I think everyone should know where Liechtenstein is, whether you ever plan to go there or not. :)

Liechtenstein's ? ? ?

Oh yeah , that's Frank's (Frank Enstein) cousins, go about 3 miles south on route 66, take a left where Mrs. Jones cow died last year, go about 10 miles til you get in a curve where the bee's nest hangs outta the oak tree, take a right, go 3 miles to the gas station, go inside and walk up to the attendant and ask . . .

"Where the hell am I?"

Ya’ll make lick steins where yer from but we don’t do that out in these parts. Not that there’s anything wrong with stein lickin’!

eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww. grody to the max.

Lol. Thanks for posting this. Gave me a good laugh when I needed one having lost my job for the second time in a year.

:slight_smile:

maybe they have job openings in dubai, alabama. yule haf two ask yaz.

condolences for your job loss. i know where you’re at; i’ve been there more than once and am always on the verge of returning. hang in there, mark.

Hi Mark A:

That is so tough to hear…

I generalize now…

These economic times… ???

Every-day folk are brought up to find something to do and bring along a family and while doing that is about all we expect from life… and feel productive while doing that…

Bill…

Sorry to hear about the job loss, Mark. Lord willing, something even better will open up for you before you know it. :)

Thanks guys.

I’ve been outsourced twice now in less than a year. I’m thinking of starting my own consultancy on how to do outsourcing! :slight_smile: