Tooltips and volume envelopes

How do you find them

I am thinking about upgrading to v-6 from V-5. In version 5 I never could get the volume nodes to show how much you were increasing or decreasing them with the +/- in db.

I just downloaded V-6 and can’t get these volume indicators on the volume nodes to show up and I also can’t get the tooltips to work. How do you do it?

Thanks,
Larrye

Open the envelope (click on the wage icon). Then right click on the envelope line and select “Envelope” from the drop-down menu and highlight “click and node”. Click on envelope line and add your first node now when you hoper over the node you receive the volume information, click a second time to change the setting of the note. Once in envelope node has been added a right-click on a node will give you a menu should you prefer to make your changes with keyboard rather than dragging the mouse. This a new feature and looks pretty neat.
If you want to effect a larger node go to settings > appearance> volune envelopes/ranges and you can in set a box size for the node larger or smaller than the three pixel default.
Bax

Bax,
thanks for the help. When i rt click on the envelope, select envelope from the drop down, select click adds node. It adds the node fine but the volume information does not appear when I pass the cursor over the envelope node. All I get is a baseball diamond with a cross in it, which allows me to drag the envelope but does not show volume info.
However the tool tips are now working.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Larrye

That sounds like an older versio - I am at a loss. What version does the help menu show you have. I sent the info for version 6.1, build 2406.

Bax,
V-6.0.1 build 2406 10/25/2008

The volume nodes work right but they don’t tell me how much I am increasing/decreasing when I pass the cursor over them. All other tooltips work.

Larrye

I have not checked this new version to see if that’s a bug yet - I’ll do that right now.

Seems to be fine for me.

Poppa,
Glad it works for you, why not me?
I have been using N since the earliest versions. The last time volume envelopes (the ammount in db) worked was v-3.3.

Is V-6 any better than V-5

Larrye

I think it’s way better. Have you tried reverting to “default settings”…?

There are some “known” registry ‘bugs’ that can cause some tool-tips and related ‘widgets’ to not function properly. Maybe try a registry cleaner/repair utility or do a Windows repair? I dunno… did you drop a report in for Flavio to see?

Quote:

Is V-6 any better than V-5

I don’t have recent experience with V6 since the early Betas came out. But ANYTHING has to be better than V5. :p

D

Dubious,
I ran registry cleaner and disk cleaner last weekend.
Just to see if was in my computer setup I downloaded and installed another popular piece of recording software and the volume envelopes work fine with it.

This is not a big deal but it does bug me.

Thanks,
Larrye