Thx!

Thx Flavio. With a laptop that scrolling time line was drivin me nutz at times!
Liking the new feature too!

Friday, July 10 2009, 12:00 pm - 5 hours ago
Fixed dragging part and releasing mouse outside of timeline window leaves timeline scrolling until mouse is clicked again [Bug Fix]
Offset part left and right handles vertically to make less likely interference with volume envelopes [Bug Fix]
Musical base note and tempo information appears in wave file description text (in track properties box and in “import wave file” box) [New Feature]

Some Really nice additions to the program!
Bax

A new feature that you might overlook: When you are opening or import a new file, if you place the cursor over the ICON of the file you are considering, a box will display the properties of the file, bit rate and size. For song files (.sng) it displays modified date and size. It may take a little practice to find exactly where to place your cursor for the display so play around with it for a bit.

I’m seeing huge increase of CPU usage in newer builds. specially the x64 proggy.
Don’t know if it’s something in the new routing system or what.

I’m showing 3% most of the time with Windows task manager - I’ll keep checking.

Hi Gents:

I updated to build 2484 earlier this afternoon…
I see about 10-12% increase in CPU Usage on the setup I have here…

I use Vista Home Premium 32-bit …
I have only one track on the timeline with no plugs or any other load on the system…
However, on second check and as the timeline is looped I see that on second and third pass the CPU Usage has dropped back to .9%, and is stable at .9% now…

On earlier/previous builds the CPU Usage would be stable at .8%…
So, the increase is somewhat less the 10%

That increase could be significant if there was 15-20 tracks on the line…

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jul. 11 2009, 7:17 PM)

Hi Gents:

I updated to build 2484 earlier this afternoon..
I see about 10-12% increase in CPU Usage on the setup I have here..

I use Vista Home Premium 32-bit ..
I have only one track on the timeline with no plugs or any other load on the system..
However, on second check and as the timeline is looped I see that on second and third pass the CPU Usage has dropped back to .9%, and is stable at .9% now..

On earlier/previous builds the CPU Usage would be stable at .8%..
So, the increase is somewhat less the 10%

That increase could be significant if there was 15-20 tracks on the line..

Bill..

If you cut down on some of those xylophone and hip-hop drum samples, you'll gain back another 2%. Just an idea. :laugh:

Ah ha, here ya go guys.
Build 2485

Sunday, July 12 2009, 3:31 am - 2 minutes ago
Fixed mixing not utilizing one of the available CPUs when ‘multithreaded processing’ option is active [Bug Fix]

Will check it out today, but that explains some things.

Hi Hugh Jass:

Thanks for that great tip…
That’s a refreshing and positive reply and a step in the right direction considering the content of some of your earlier threads and replies to other topics…

I’ll keep that in mind when I get involved with the next Hank Snow or George Jones cover I get to track…
:p
:laugh:
:p

Bill…
[EDIT] Thanks Yaz… I got b2485 It took me in the neighbourhood of 10 seconds to get it… I don’t know… This hi-speed connection is so nice…

Hey Bill, just tried it on same project and it seems to be working correctly, CPU usage dropped 25% on same project that was running higher on build 2484.

I know what you mean bout the high speed internet, if I had to go back to dial up . . .no, there’d be no internet if that happens. :laugh:

I have yet to do any tracking with this dual processor computer…
I am spending most of my days working on the completion of this studio…
I would like to get it to a point-in-time when I can begin to get the audio hardware and monitor screens installed…
The summer is slipping by all too fast…
The next weather day I should import a multi-track timeline (into n-Track) and see how this dual processor computer behaves with 15-20 tracks full of plug-ins and all…
I have not run any more than one-or-two tracks on the timeline at the same time

Anyway, if the weather is dry tomorrow, I’d like to update the studio photo blog…
I am in the process of designing some bottom-end corner traps and wall/floor/celing reflective traps…

I’m getting pretty antsy, in getting the latest builds of n-Track, up-and-running in this studio…

Bill…