2496?

Quote: (TonyR @ Sep. 10 2009, 5:19 PM)

Has anyone noticed a recent problem with looping regions?

A 'recent' problem? No. One that has been present since err... forever? YES! File a bug report.

D

Hi Bill. What d’you mean by ‘default install’?

:laugh: I was trying to be pollite :laugh:

An issue with looping timeline regions is… After the first pass of the loop, the timeline is never in sync with the audio that is heard in the loop…

I think it’s because the “loop’d” region is not streamed… It’s placed in the ram… Then the ram is playing the loop… OR… something like that… Who knows ????

Bill…

I’m being smart too…
Sorry… When I launch an application to install…
e.g.
The EXE file… I never change the default file.folder to where I’d like to see it pointed to…
I just continue letting the default Files/Folders that appear continue with the program/application till it completes the install…

I think that’s what you are asking me…
I hope…

Bill…

The looping regions seems real good in 2504, I did a bunch of that, if by that you mean looping precisely at the highlighted area. But I’m thinkin 2506 has what I’m lookin for, thx Flavio! :agree:

Cheers guys. You’re both on my track. Shall I go for the beta then?

I’m Back Again:

I used to think that way…
I’d let everyone update n-Track with all Flavio’s beta builds…
Flavio is too On-Top of his work to let builds go without following up on all the code details that goes on with beta builds…

Flavio is up here on this board every morning watching what’s going on with his hard work…

He’s got his finger on-the-pulse…
:)
:p
:laugh:

Thank you Flavio…

Bill…

p.s.
He P***** me off when he says “Revert to Default”
if an issue arises with any build install…

You are supposed to revert to default on every beta build update…
That ensures that the new code is over-run by the previous installs…
If you don’t revert to default when updating builds you are just adding to your issues… That’s the way I see it…

Bill…

So! Is that it! The loop is fixed?
I’m just rebuilding the beta to my settings.
I’ve done as you say, Bill, clicked ‘no’ and started afresh.

Thanks guys:-)

Hi TonyR:

I sure hope this works for your setup…

Post back here and report to the Board how it goes…

I am so guilty of not reverting to default, on new Versions…
when they get posted… but you need to do that on updating builds…
well, almost…

Bill…

Ok. Can I ask a ‘no brainer’? If I save a song that has a ‘problem’ in a previous build and then open it in a newer build…?
Can a problem be carried by a song file between n-T builds like a bad gene?

(I’m still talking about looping+)

I’m not convinced looping ever got fixed. it still jitters like crazy for me. If I raise the buffers the jitter just slows down and lasts longer. just tried in the 2507 same as always.

Quote: (TonyR @ Sep. 12 2009, 6:50 PM)

Ok. Can I ask a 'no brainer'? If I save a song that has a 'problem' in a previous build and then open it in a newer build................?
Can a problem be carried by a song file between n-T builds like a bad gene?

(I'm still talking about looping+)

Nice question..

It might be interesting to see how the guys reply to that.

I don't know exactly what's stored in the .sng file..

Flavio might shed some light on that question..

My quick response is..
Timeline command files and application command files don't "Code Interact"..
BUT..
that's only if you're chewing the right kind of gum..
and smoking Cuban cigars..

Even quicker response.. I Don't Know..

Bill..

The file you save is a “Template” or index of the settings that you used to “customize” the song - pans, EQ, volume, etc. and it also references the sound files that were used. So, if something was messsed up before, it will still be messed up in any version you use to open the file. I have found that some of my very old sng files do not open in version 6

Quote: (nramusic @ Sep. 12 2009, 7:02 PM)

I'm not convinced looping ever got fixed. it still jitters like crazy for me. If I raise the buffers the jitter just slows down and lasts longer. just tried in the 2507 same as always.

I not sure that the looping issue is an n-Track fault..
I do believe it might be a Windows issue that has always been a thorn in the side of Audio users from the beginning of time..

Billie Gates is not there and he don't have to deal with it, anymore..

That's what I think..

Bill..

p.s.
To and with the setup I have, it's not a jitter..
It's a timing/sync (issue..) that shows up on the npk timeline image..

It shows itself as an Audio/Visual latency difference..
Quote:

I not sure that the looping issue is an n-Track fault.. I do believe it might be a Windows issue that has always been a thorn in the side of Audio users from the beginning of time..

Billie Gates is not there and he don't have to deal with it, anymore..

That's what I think..

It's not Windows fault... looping works flawlessly in several Windows audio programs I use. Maybe, some day... n-Track will get it right.

D

Here ya’ go…

http://www.mediafire.com/?tjhwjjnzoud

That is a virtual instrument track in Reaper. Roland’s Virtual Sound Canvas - Standard Drum Kit…

One measure intro followed by one measure looped… over and over… Glitch free, no pops, no farts. Don’t blame it on Microsoft. It IS an n-Track thing! If enough people piss and moan about it, it might get fixed. Back when I was using n-Track regularly, I could NEVER get it to loop worth a crap. Hello? It IS a big deal. Especially for the “new kids”… Composing against a loop is ALL they are about. (unfortunately…)

Respectfully,
<(really…)

D

PS FWIW, I used Reapers “Record output to disk” mode so there was no ‘cheating’ involved. What you hear is what I heard…

Quote: (Diogesneez @ Sep. 12 2009, 11:52 PM)

Especially for the "new kids"... Composing against a loop is ALL they are about. (unfortunately...)

Shush, you!

However, you're definitely right about this not being a Windows issue. It's almost shocking that this hasn't been fixed yet. Visiting this forum is sort of like taking a trip to the dark ages - I feel like very little meaningful progress has been made on this app since mid-to-late 2004.

...And it started to slow long before that.

Nothing really constructive to say here, other than the n is capable of being a lot better.

Hi Former Member Gone:

Long-Time-No-Posts…
There’s many audio users here who’d like to know how you are and what you’ve been up to…
???

I say this only to garner replies to some features of some but not all applications don’t appear to work as they should…
It don’t matter what you use your computer for…
Audio, Imagery, Writing…
whatever…
When you get to some level of activity, you find yourself eventually searching for a work-around to extend your computer use…

Does anyone really know what computers were originally designed to do??
AND

By whom ????

Billie Gates should be ashamed of himself for not paying copyright infringement fees to everyone he stole from to make the first Operating System he marketed…
In my opinion, he never stole-and-used the code correctly…

Hence…
all the present issues for the Application Writers-and-Users of Billie Gates’ Operating Systems…

In my opinion, Billie Gates owes every one who uses a computer a free Operating System, that works…

Don’t GET ME Goin’…

Cause it wouldn’t be nice…
:laugh:

Bill…

Hi Red-eye!

You hit it bud…

Quote:

n is capable of being a lot better.

That’s all I mean right there. There is good foundation here…

D